Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iRock1

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 23, 2011
When I go to some Youtube link, immediately I see an annoying banner suggesting me to install the freaking Youtube app. Ok, I DON'T WANT TO INSTALL IT. Am I condemned to see that banner for the entire eternity? Is there any solution?

bjm2660

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2011
Virginia
When I go to some Youtube link, immediately I see an annoying banner suggesting me to install the freaking Youtube app. Ok, I DON'T WANT TO INSTALL IT. Am I condemned to see that banner for the entire eternity? Is there any solution?

You want youtube content without a youtube app. Unfortunately, youtube is no longer native. Get the app or ignore youtube links.

Yujenisis

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2002
I think you might be stuck with it at least for the foreseeable future.

I hate Google's YouTube App, but love Jasmine. Maybe give it a shot?

iRock1

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 23, 2011
You want youtube content without a youtube app. Unfortunately, youtube is no longer native. Get the app or ignore youtube links.

Not having "a YouTube app" shouldn't be a problem if I'm trying to watch the video on Safari or some other app. It's just absurd being "forced" to download the official app if I want to avoid the banner.

The worst part is that now I don't see a banner on the top of the screen, but a giant square that covers the entire video, so now I'm "forced" to close it if I want to see the video.

What a terrible planning on user experience, isn't it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.