Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MarioDelicious

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 21, 2012
Hello All .
is there any way to recover Notes that was deleted from ICloud ?
by mistake my wife deleted ICloud Notes from her Mail App Client on Her MacBook Pro ( Latest Mountain Lion ) , It was already synced with all her other IOS devices ( Iphone , Ipad )
And i also know she deleted the ICLoud Notes before the latest IOS backups
So i am wondering if there is any way she could recover that .

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
If you have a Time Machine backup you could restore the below Folder from a date prior to the deletion.

~ is your user folder.

Code:
~/Library/Containers/com.apple.Notes/Data/Library/CoreData/ExternalRecords/

Christoffee

Contributor
Jul 26, 2012
UK
Aren't notes just like mail items, but in a special folder? Will they be in the deleted part of mail.app?

Perhaps some clever bugger can guide you along this path, if it is possible.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Aren't notes just like mail items, but in a special folder? Will they be in the deleted part of mail.app?

Perhaps some clever bugger can guide you along this path, if it is possible.

It was in Lion, but with ML they pulled Notes into its own app.

Christoffee

Contributor
Jul 26, 2012
UK
It was in Lion, but with ML they pulled Notes into its own app.

Now I know little, so shoot me down. But aren't notes attached to the email. If so, when they are deleted are they permanently deleted or hiding in the Trash as a note?

NezhaBou

macrumors newbie
May 13, 2014
Since 4 days ago, suddenly I've missed almost all my notes, most of them, very important to me, maybe it happened after an Office for Mac actualization, particularly, an Outlook actualization.
I know that it is a common situation, can somebody help me?
Thanks in advance.

Ginmoers

macrumors newbie
Aug 24, 2015
Why not restore the deleted notes from a older iCloud backup? If the latest one has been deleted, then you can just restore them from the previous one.
Restore notes from iCloud is only one of the ways to get your notes back, if you have synced iPhone data to iTunes previously, you can restore them from iTunes backup files.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.