Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kingc0bra

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 27, 2012
So I just got a 2012 13' Macbook Pro and thinking if in a couple years I wanted to sell it.

Would it raise my value by alot in a few years if I had extended Applecare?

Is it worth it for me to spend the $250 to get extended applecare?

kingc0bra

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 27, 2012
So do you think its worth it?

Does Apple usually work on macs outside of the original 1 year warranty if its only been a few months since it expired?

I usually never get warranties for anything at all, they are known to being huge ripoffs, but when spending this kind of money on a laptop with expensive parts im not too sure

Spink10

Suspended
Nov 3, 2011
Oklahoma
Apple is definitely worth it - I sell used MBP's and AppleCare provides a lot of selling power. People are not afraid of a used MBP with warranty. If you are in the US purchase AppleCare from B&H video - $190.

cosmichobo

macrumors 6502a
May 4, 2006
So I just got a 2012 13' Macbook Pro and thinking if in a couple years I wanted to sell it.

Would it raise my value by alot in a few years if I had extended Applecare?

Is it worth it for me to spend the $250 to get extended applecare?

It really depends what country you are in, and whether there are decent consumer protection laws at play or not.

If in Italy - no. :)

kingc0bra

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 27, 2012
Thanks Everyone, im in Los Angeles.

So I have a year to buy the extended applecare starting from purchase date right? They didnt change that rule they did with iphones, did they?

phoenixsan

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2012
Depends on....

what do you consider a lot. For me, depending in the remaining AppleCare in a given machine, can raise the price $75-150

:):apple:

kingc0bra

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 27, 2012
what do you consider a lot. For me, depending in the remaining AppleCare in a given machine, can raise the price $75-150

:):apple:

that sounds good for the value + peace of mind until it is sold...I will def look into it, thanks everyone!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.