Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kbstl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
I got tired of the nag screen asking me to update so I did the update on my windows machine. About an hour later I grab my iPad 3 and bookmarks are gone. Called apple care and they were completely useless, I never used iCloud so I didn't have anything backed up. Poof gone, thanks apple. Glad im making the transition to. Android. This is exactly why I hate the cloud and didn't use it. I like to treat each machine completely independent but I guess it didn't matter anyway. It just works, lmao

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
Updating iTunes doesn't just remove an iPad's bookmarks. But I won't waste the time explaining it since you're moving to Android. And if you think Google isn't all about the cloud, you've got another thing coming.

aiannar974

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2008
I just bought an Ipad yesterday. I was planning on syncing my ie favorites. Is it really gone or do I just not know what to do? All the help on the internet is for older versions of itunes.

thank you,

Anthony

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
I just bought an Ipad yesterday. I was planning on syncing my ie favorites. Is it really gone or do I just not know what to do? All the help on the internet is for older versions of itunes.

thank you,

Anthony

It should be under the 'Info' section when your iPad is plugged into iTunes. Here's a screenshot of mine, but I only have Safari as an option since I'm on a Mac.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-12-21 at 4.23.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-12-21 at 4.23.20 PM.png
    13.8 KB · Views: 71

aiannar974

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2008
I dont get what you have - are you using itunes 11.0.1.12?

I get "You bokkmarks are being synced with your iPad over the air from Cloud"

Anthony

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
I dont get what you have - are you using itunes 11.0.1.12?

I get "You bokkmarks are being synced with your iPad over the air from Cloud"

Anthony

Yes, I am using 11.0.1. You need to turn off 'Bookmarks' from within iCloud. Go to Settings>iCloud on your iPad to turn it off. Then try syncing them through iTunes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.