Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
12d44 went out today. Once they're updating this fast, sure seems like release may be soon, especially now that they're listing no known issues.

Hopefully betas of .4 start soon in the new year, still plenty that needs fixing.

tywebb13

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2012
no dmgs available yet but yeah i agree with milo

a public release is probably imminent

newfoundglory

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2007
Hopefully this finally fixes the spectacular graphics glitches i've been getting in previous 10.8.3 betas, causing the system to completely freeze and/or crash (only with some Nvidia-based systems, and mostly triggered by Safari)

vea1083

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2011
Hopefully this finally fixes the spectacular graphics glitches i've been getting in previous 10.8.3 betas, causing the system to completely freeze and/or crash (only with some Nvidia-based systems, and mostly triggered by Safari)

Which type of Mac are you using and which year model? I have an nvidia powered Mid-2010 MacBook Pro with the nvidia 330m GT GeForce GPU.

PurrBall

macrumors 65816
Oct 25, 2007
Indianapolis
Unfortunately, the Intel HD 3000 drivers are still terrible (AMD 6750m is working quite well, though). But overall this is shaping to be a pretty rock solid release. Really needed this.

newfoundglory

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2007
I havent had any issues with the HD 3000 drivers - I have two Macs with the 3000 and they seemed to work okay - there wasn't any freezing or crashing.

What sort of problems have you been having?

PurrBall

macrumors 65816
Oct 25, 2007
Indianapolis
I havent had any issues with the HD 3000 drivers - I have two Macs with the 3000 and they seemed to work okay - there wasn't any freezing or crashing.

What sort of problems have you been having?

Corruption in Mail, slow scrolling in Launchpad. However, since I have the high-resolution display in my MacBook Pro, the 3000 might not be able to handle things quite as well as it should.

ItWasNotMe

macrumors 6502
Dec 1, 2012
Lets hope they fix...

- Appalling performance - nothing launches in under 20 seconds on my Mini
- Safari 6.0.2 - God better be on your side if you ever open multiple tabs
- Mail cancelling the shutdown c20% of the time
- Time machine; shows in Menu bar as inactive, shows in Finder as active; shows in System Preferences as calculating. System won't ever stop if it thinks TM is doing anything - clear just who is in charge here,and its not me...
- Time to close down - sometimes it never does. Why should I have to close all the Apple apps, dismount all the external disks,... to have any hope of it ever shutting down. Isn't the OS supposed to do that

And this is with all the latest patches applied...

sshhoott

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2010
Mac mini (mid-2010) with the 320M

12D44 working good so far!

I am so disappointed in Apple about their handling of Nvidia 320M, this is on a Macbook Pro 13" mid 2010. The animations get choppy as heck just after a few hours of usage, such as changing desktop animation. I tried the same thing on the Macbook Pro 13" 2009 (Nvidia 9400M), but it stays smooth. To make matters worse, I experience enournous amounts of memory leak in the form of inactive memory, which never clears unless I restart. I have done clean installations of OS X 10.8.2.

Some say they resort to this method: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmoWoeNrkOs to achieve smoothness.

But this shouldn't be happening to a computer like Mac where the weaker one outperforms the stronger one :mad:. What are your guys thoughts? Have you had similar issues with 320M?

Any developers reading this post, please notify Apple about these "bugs" concerning Nvidia 320M. Would extremely appreciate it.

Last edited:

andrezuppe

macrumors member
Apr 19, 2010
Genoa, Italy
Slow shutdown times

Some people say that in this build the issue has not been fixed!
But I ask to myself: "Apple developers don't see that their macs are so slooow in shutting down???"
I've 15 rmmp that is so quick to boot, but I wold like it becomes faster in shutdown (actually 20 seconds of waiting......)
Please Apple fix this issue.

Bye,
Andrea

twzop

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2012
RTP (Raleigh), NC
Agreed

Right, now it feels if you are working on a Windows computer.........:eek:

Is it just me, or does opening the systems settings window take far more time then it did under 10.7?

I agree with your statement. My 2011 MBP (8GB RAM, 750GB SATA III, 2.53GHz Core 2 Duo) was lightning fast with SL, but after doing clean install to Lion and then clean install to ML, it really does feel sluggish like a windows machine. My machine is still very usable, but it's not as fast and smooth as SL.

PurrBall

macrumors 65816
Oct 25, 2007
Indianapolis
Guys, I've been using this for a while and I honestly think it makes memory management a million times better. I can open a fairly demanding app while I have only 80 MB or so RAM free with 2+ GB inactive, and it will free the inactive memory and allow the app to open with essentially no delay. It's great.

Lil Chillbil

macrumors 65816
Jan 30, 2012
California
Guys, I've been using this for a while and I honestly think it makes memory management a million times better. I can open a fairly demanding app while I have only 80 MB or so RAM free with 2+ GB inactive, and it will free the inactive memory and allow the app to open with essentially no delay. It's great.

I'll update my computer at the church I edit video for that is running mtn lion to see if it makes a difference

DMH3006

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2011

Sure hope so,having 2,67GB of inactive memory and 8MB free and it not releasing inactive memory and actually reducing itunes and safari memory usage isn't the way to go ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.