Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

drewaz

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2012
Phoenix
you are lucky yours was "accidently released" !! :p leaving mine behind :mad:

the tracking page is showing that apple did not provide required paperwork. UGH. I just got off the phone with apple ... they say they show have no notice that anything was needed and promised to get on it right away and phone me back with a resolution.

I did get a complimentary superdrive however.

bayleaves

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2012
Silicon Valley
Lady was nice, but said that they are waiting for info from Apple on the entire shipment - of course i told her others had theirs released - she said that was in error- it should have been all held together.

I am wondering if there were multiple crates on the plane and only one crate was affected? It's very odd, as my tracking never mentioned any errors or missing documents, and it sounds like a lot of others weren't held either. Strange.

Mine is now sitting less than five miles from me, presumably sealed in the shipping crate until Monday.

bayleaves

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2012
Silicon Valley
Guess what's on the vehicle for delivery? Happily the woman I spoke with at FedEx did not know what she was talking about. I bet they just don't want to over-promise, which is reasonable. But if all goes well, I will have it this afternoon. I'm just going to be hitting refresh over and over until I see that it is in the mailroom, then I'm grabbing my hand truck and getting my fanny down there.

sarah1623

macrumors newbie
Dec 3, 2012
Ann Arbor, Michigan
My order is finally "Preparing for Shipment"! I ordered on Dec. 1 at 5pm EST.
My scheduled delivery is Jan 2 - Jan 8 via Standard Shipping. Hopefully I get it before January...we'll see!

I just checked my status at 3:56 and saw this:

screenshot20121221at402.png

screenshot20121221at407.png

I am so excited right now!!

My delivery date says December 26th!

Last edited:

MacCruiZe

macrumors member
Dec 13, 2012
just got more info out of FedEx - a total of 48 pieces are being held in Memphis. She said some shipments from apple may have 'thousands of pieces' but only 48 are being held this time. She said if it is released tonight, there are planes leaving around 3am and even though it will not be delivered until Monday, I could pick it up tomorrow at the local site (as long as it gets there) !!

Fedex is there until 8pm Central time to call for more updates, or just keep spamming F5 button :D

bayleaves

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2012
Silicon Valley
just got more info out of FedEx - a total of 48 pieces are being held in Memphis. She said some shipments from apple may have 'thousands of pieces' but only 48 are being held this time. She said if it is released tonight, there are planes leaving around 3am and even though it will not be delivered until Monday, I could pick it up tomorrow at the local site (as long as it gets there) !!

Fedex is there until 8pm Central time to call for more updates, or just keep spamming F5 button :D

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they go out tonight!

----------

Guess what's in our mailroom. :D I'm covering someone's phones at the moment, so I'll have to wait to go down and get it. Plus I hate to attack them the second they sign for it.

Arman

macrumors regular
Aug 27, 2008
SoCal
Looks like I'm stalled. No update since 730am. Still in LA sorting facility. Looks like no go today. Maybe tomorrow. Probably Monday.

Ambulater

macrumors member
Dec 14, 2012
To Macrovertigo

Ambulater, did yours get scanned in the Memphis hub as MacCruiZe suggests? are you following a flight number?

Macvertigo, mine left Anchorage at the same time as yours, but it is evidently in Louisville KY right now. It's on it's way to Lincoln NE.

lopexo

macrumors member
Aug 18, 2009
Sacramento, CA
Mine went from preparing for shipment to shipped within a few hours luckily. However the delivery date is on the 28th with 2-3 day shipping via FedEx. Hope they do show up earlier. Ordered a bto on the 1st

bayleaves

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2012
Silicon Valley
Looks like I'm stalled. No update since 730am. Still in LA sorting facility. Looks like no go today. Maybe tomorrow. Probably Monday.

Aww man! I thought sure you would get yours today. That is the biggest bummer about the iMacs coming out this time of year. All the delivery services are already buried in packages.

SubaLou

macrumors newbie
Dec 16, 2012
Macvertigo, mine left Anchorage at the same time as yours, but it is evidently in Louisville KY right now. It's on it's way to Lincoln NE.

Yours and mine are probably heading this way.... I got a new update that its finally departed Louisville. Mine will come to Omaha. Bumming its not here by the wknd though.

Arman

macrumors regular
Aug 27, 2008
SoCal
Aww man! I thought sure you would get yours today. That is the biggest bummer about the iMacs coming out this time of year. All the delivery services are already buried in packages.

Ok. Got some movement. No moved to local facility in City of Industry about 15 miles away. Still shows Monday delivery before 1030am. Called to see if they could hold for me to pickup but was told by FedEx that the package was too big to hold for pickup at local facility. Oh boy. Hope I didn't accidentally buy two :)

drewaz

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2012
Phoenix

Any news?

Apple called me back and just said this is normal ??????
I called back but got disconnected because of high call volume.
FedEx doesn't have much info .....

MacCruiZe

macrumors member
Dec 13, 2012
Any news?

Apple called me back and just said this is normal ??????
I called back but got disconnected because of high call volume.
FedEx doesn't have much info .....

just talked to fedex again... he said this is NOT common. something is wrong with the paperwork. Fedex is not allowed to release the 48 pieces until the paperwork is perfect. He said they are waiting on Apple. But probably not someone at Apple who we can get on the phone.

drewaz

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2012
Phoenix
just talked to fedex again... he said this is NOT common. something is wrong with the paperwork. Fedex is not allowed to release the 48 pieces until the paperwork is perfect. He said they are waiting on Apple. But probably not someone at Apple who we can get on the phone.

what a joke.

at least I got a free superdrive but the gift of 2-3 business day shipping didn't turn out too well.

Mac2133

macrumors member
May 31, 2012

The ONLY reason I keep coming back to this thread is to see if your situation has moved/improved :eek:

Arman

macrumors regular
Aug 27, 2008
SoCal
what a joke.

at least I got a free superdrive but the gift of 2-3 business day shipping didn't turn out too well.

Yeah what are u gonna do. U can't fault apple. They gave me a estimated ship date after Christmas and they are beating that. I think if this was last week Fedex would have stuck to the 2-3 day delivery but right now the system is probably crazy busy. No worries. Bigger things to worry about in life.

David085

macrumors 6502a
Nov 9, 2009
what a joke.

How did you get a free superdrive I am curious... since I will do the same if is possible... I am interest to know how. :)

drewaz

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2012
Phoenix
Yeah what are u gonna do. U can't fault apple. They gave me a estimated ship date after Christmas and they are beating that. I think if this was last week Fedex would have stuck to the 2-3 day delivery but right now the system is probably crazy busy. No worries. Bigger things to worry about in life.

Yeah, I'm over it. If it gets here Monday .. cool. If not, it's something to look forward to.

----------

How did you get a free superdrive I am curious... since I will do the same if is possible... I am interest to know how. :)

When I saw that the FedEx delivery didn't clear customs because they didn't receive the proper paperwork from Apple I called Apple. The CSR noted that I had been on hold for 20 minutes and that the problem with the delayed shipment was their fault so she kindly offered me a peace offering which I gladly accepted!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.