Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

soamz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
Orissa, India
Hi.. I just got a new iPad 32Gb WiFi 4th gen yesterday.

It was all fine till now. I went out for a shower and now when I returned, I see that the iPad shows the lock screen for a second and then Apple Logo , vice versa, going on again and again.

Its not letting me to do anything. Keeps on flashing Apple Logo.

WTF is going on ?

EMAN19

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2012
New York, NY

It was all fine till now. I went out for a shower and now when I returned, I see that the iPad shows the lock screen for a second and then Apple Logo , vice versa, going on again and again.

WTF is going on ?

Oh man, sorry to hear that. Have you tried holding down the power button at the top of the iPad to hard restart it? Did you by any chance touch the iPad immediately after your shower whilst your hands were wet??? Mein gott..

soamz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
Orissa, India
No I don't touch that way.
Wife told me about this awkward behavior of the new iPad.

Then I quickly took the iPad from the wall charger and held home and top button together, it restarted, but again the same issue.

I'm tensed.

EMAN19

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2012
New York, NY
No I don't touch that way.
Wife told me about this awkward behavior of the new iPad.

Then I quickly took the iPad from the wall charger and held home and top button together, it restarted, but again the same issue.

I'm tensed.

I'm assuming you're in India? If there's an Apple shop there please take it in. If not you must call Technical Supports. It's normal to be tense, hopefully Apple remedies your unfortunate situation soon!

SnowLeopard OSX

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2012
California

WTF is going on ?

How long ago did you purchase your iPad? That's terrible, I'd definitely head back to the Apple store and swap out the device for a brand new one.

Brian Y

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2012
How long ago did you purchase your iPad? That's terrible, I'd definitely head back to the Apple store and swap out the device for a brand new one.

If it's broken, just take it back and return it. Sometimes things are DOA - no point getting worked up :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.