Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bhigh8

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 23, 2012
My wifi was always fine. i did the update and wifi is fine but battery is horrible. i updated over wifi, can i go back to 6.0.1? if i plug into ITunes will i be able to go to an old copy?

last night my battery went down 20% on standby.

I have done hard resets and it didnt work.

pommie82

macrumors 6502
Jan 4, 2011
uk
Apple have made it that you cannot revert back to previous update i could never understand why that apple did that to the user because previous ones always come in handy if the user has a problem.

I would suggest restoring your device and i should of thought that would help i have done it in the past and it has worked for me straight away after that i wouldn't be sure what to suggest.

when i updated my from 6.0.0 to 6.0.1 i was unable to make a personal hotspot
and i restored my device and it works fine now no problems at all.

I think what happens when you update your device sometimes what happens is that some functions don't work correctly and then only really option is really to restore your device and it will work.

lazard

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2012
If apple is still signing 6.0.1 then you will be able to downgrade. If not, you're stuck.

itsmemuffins

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
To anyone having a problem with battery drain.

Plug your phone into the charger. Delete all the apps from the fast app switcher tray.

Press and hold the home button and sleep button at the same time. Screen should go blank, let go and phone will restart.

bhigh8

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 23, 2012
whats best way to restore? go to itunes and select restore button?

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Apple have made it that you cannot revert back to previous update i could never understand why that apple did that to the user.

They did it to prevent jailbreakers from downgrading their fimrware and jailbraking.
Once you update to the latest firmware then you're stuck with no JB and no way to downgrade. Unless you jump through a bunch of hoops like dealing with SHSH blobs but even those are useless now for the 4S and new ipads, ipod touch etc...

pommie82

macrumors 6502
Jan 4, 2011
uk
whats best way to restore? go to itunes and select restore button?

Just Connect your iPhone to your computer and just restore it should take about five minutes to do it and then it should be sorted out and working again fine make sure that you back up your device first too or you could lose everything on your phone and then you would have to download all your apps again which if you have lots of apps it could take a long time to download the apps.

If it doesn't work after the restore then there isn't a lot you can do really until they do the update but i should of thought that would sort it out.I had a tethering problem and i was unable tether and after a restore it sorted it out and now is working again fine and now there no problems at all.

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
Ive come across this many times where owners have updated ota and then regretted it for whatever reason and wanted to do the update via iTunes !

Im not convinced the ota causes issues myself.

Personally i've always preferred to update via itunes.

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
Ive come across this many times where owners have updated ota and then regretted it for whatever reason and wanted to do the update via iTunes !

Im not convinced the ota causes issues myself.

Personally i've always preferred to update via itunes.

This. I also have the mentality that OTA updates will sometime screw up for no reason, leaving you with problems, so for major updates or x.1 updates, I always update through iTunes.:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.