Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
I brought an Airport Express to work because we don't have a password for our router. I can connect iPhones and Smart TVs and my MacBook, but I have 2 new iPads, a Retina and a Mini that won't connect. They just get the spinning wheel and never connect to the network. I've reset network settings, but still won't work. Any ideas?

arom

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2008
I brought an Airport Express to work because we don't have a password for our router. I can connect iPhones and Smart TVs and my MacBook, but I have 2 new iPads, a Retina and a Mini that won't connect. They just get the spinning wheel and never connect to the network. I've reset network settings, but still won't work. Any ideas?

I'm having a similar problem trying to connect to a 5ghz network. No issue on 2.4ghz

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
I'm having a similar problem trying to connect to a 5ghz network. No issue on 2.4ghz

How do I tell if its 2.4 of 5 ghz on the ipad? Or cant I do it? I think at home I'm connecting to the 5 ghz on my AirPort Extreme. But I'll have to check.

vasili0s

macrumors member
Nov 19, 2012
Athens,Greece
Looks like there may very well be a firmware issue apparent here. FIrst follow the following article to ensure the desired configuration of the Air Extreme for best results, per: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4199?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

I would then power cycle the air express, forget your network and therein reset the net settings on iOS once more. Let us know how it goes......

And btw, simultaneous dual band capability works only if you set up the Airport Express to create a network.

Last edited:

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
Looks like there may very well be a firmware issue apparent here. FIrst follow the following article to ensure the desired configuration of the Air Extreme for best results, per: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4199?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

I would then power cycle the air express, forget your network and therein reset the net settings on iOS once more. Let us know how it goes......

And btw, simultaneous dual band capability works only if you set up the Airport Express to create a network.

Thanks, I think I'll take it home tonight and see if I can't update it and get it working.

jaxsimms

macrumors newbie
Dec 22, 2012
ipad and iphone recognition of airport express

After struggling with this problem I discovered an easy solution. Forget the airport app because it doesn't recognize your network. Go to your settings app and then Wi Fi. DO NOT CHOOSE YOUR NETWORK. Go to other. Put in your network name and password and bazinga you're connected!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.