Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fenjen

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 9, 2012
So I've got my 5th Mini by now as the others had dust under the screen and my first one had a tint. This one is almost okay, execpt for this really small grey dot. I don't know if it's a dead pixel as it is not black but grey (maybe it's still illuminated by pixels around it?).
Anyway, as I've had much issues with getting a good one I really don't know if I should take it back again. To most people it's not even that apparent but I can still see it and it annoyes the crap out of me when I do.

The strange thing is though, that when I zoom in on a picture I made of it or look at it trough a magnifier, I can't really identify which one it is anymore. So does anybody know what it could be? I'm 99% certain it is not a particle of dust as that would be visible when the screen is off.

So anyway, what do you guys say. Should I take it back again?

lyngo

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2007
So I've got my 5th Mini by now as the others had dust under the screen and my first one had a tint. This one is almost okay, execpt for this really small grey dot. I don't know if it's a dead pixel as it is not black but grey (maybe it's still illuminated by pixels around it?).
Anyway, as I've had much issues with getting a good one I really don't know if I should take it back again. To most people it's not even that apparent but I can still see it and it annoyes the crap out of me when I do.

The strange thing is though, that when I zoom in on a picture I made of it or look at it trough a magnifier, I can't really identify which one it is anymore. So does anybody know what it could be? I'm 99% certain it is not a particle of dust as that would be visible when the screen is off.

So anyway, what do you guys say. Should I take it back again?

Yup. I went through 4 ipad 3s because of dead pixels, dust, tinting, and a fold in the screen under the glass. That as weird. So... Yes. Open in store and check there, save yourself the gas.

SnowLeopard OSX

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2012
California
Could be dust, could be a dead pixel -- kind of hard to tell without a picture of some sort. If it really bothers you that much, I'd suggest returning it and continuing to return it until you find a flawless iPad mini.

fenjen

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 9, 2012
Yup. I went through 4 ipad 3s because of dead pixels, dust, tinting, and a fold in the screen under the glass. That as weird. So... Yes. Open in store and check there, save yourself the gas.

Wel yeah I checked it in the store but I didn't see it then.

wrkactjob

macrumors 65816
Feb 29, 2008
London
A "weak" pixel! Lol! Take it back to the Apple store I dare you, can you get someone to film it and post to You Tube? I want to watch the assistant try to keep a straight face when you come out with your weak pixel that you have trouble seeing under a magnifier.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.