Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

speekez

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 19, 2003
I have the iPhone5 and Ipad4, my first iPad. Color is fairly good between the two -- I wanted to check -- do the iPhone and iPad have a different onscreen keyboard color? Side by side, the keyboard color looks different. I just assume they each have a slightly different design.

Secondly, how do you find the brightness of iphone5 compares to iPad 4? Looking at a complete white image at full brightness on both devices, the white on iPad is not quote as bright as the phone... at least on mine. Just curious to hear from others.

saberahul

macrumors 68040
Nov 6, 2008
USA
I have the iPhone5 and Ipad4, my first iPad. Color is fairly good between the two -- I wanted to check -- do the iPhone and iPad have a different onscreen keyboard color? Side by side, the keyboard color looks different. I just assume they each have a slightly different design.

Secondly, how do you find the brightness of iphone5 compares to iPad 4? Looking at a complete white image at full brightness on both devices, the white on iPad is not quote as bright as the phone... at least on mine. Just curious to hear from others.

1st para: idk. Not sure how it matters
2 para: I agree. Doesn't affect me. The darker the screen, the happier I am.

speekez

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 19, 2003
Thanks. Regarding keyboard cot just wanted to make sure it was a graphical difference in color vs. keyboard is same color but looks different on iPhone/ipad.

Thanks for observation in brightness - that your ipad is a bit less bright than your phone.

SnowLeopard OSX

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2012
California

It could depend on who manufactured your iPad screen. Apple has their new iPad screens manufactured by both Samsung and LG -- leaving a noticeable difference in tint between the two screens. My iPad 4 screen is brighter than my iPhone 4S' screen when I set the brightness to 100% on both devices, but I've owned my phone longer than I have my tablet.

VinegarTasters

macrumors 6502
Nov 20, 2007
It could depend on who manufactured your iPad screen. Apple has their new iPad screens manufactured by both Samsung and LG -- leaving a noticeable difference in tint between the two screens. My iPad 4 screen is brighter than my iPhone 4S' screen when I set the brightness to 100% on both devices, but I've owned my phone longer than I have my tablet.

How do tell which screen you own by serial number or whatever by the markings on the iPad 4?

Defender2010

Cancelled
Jun 6, 2010
Is it really appropriate to compare iPhone and iPad screens? Phone to phone or iPad to iPad, yes, but there are too many variables in comparing two difference devices...hence this thread is pointless.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.