Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WatchTheThrone

macrumors regular
Aug 2, 2011
You pay for P2P game hosting... Meaning you and others are hosting it, not Microsoft. Big ripoff.

----------

Superior except that there's no Halo, and the controller is bad :p
N64 and GameCube are better than both anyway.

I've never had an Xbox but heard halo is good so I might just buy an Xbox to see what all the fuss is about!! I've always liked playstations so I stick to what works!! Plus can't go wrong with badass exclusives like killzone 3, uncharted series, god of war series!! Those are some incredible games but I also agree old school Nintendo trumps systems now (game wise)

Morshu9001

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2012
the capital of Assyria
Xbox 360 had a 60% failure rate. Just saying.... I'm on my 4th(slim version with no problems).

Yes, the XBOX 360 is super unreliable. The PS3 isn't great either. The Wii is reliable. The PS2 was unreliable, probably worse than the XBOX.

----------

I've never had an Xbox but heard halo is good so I might just buy an Xbox to see what all the fuss is about!! I've always liked playstations so I stick to what works!! Plus can't go wrong with badass exclusives like killzone 3, uncharted series, god of war series!! Those are some incredible games but I also agree old school Nintendo trumps systems now (game wise)

The great thing about the Halo series is that they let you ride vehicles. That's pretty much it, but it makes the game so much better!

Dr McKay

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2010
Kirkland
The PlayStations, on the other hand, were more reliable.

I had 7 PlayStation 2s break from laser reader faults, when Microsoft launched the Xbox I hopped onto the platform, my Xbox never broke, I lived until the 360 launched and I bought that. My 360 lasted 3 and a half years before RRODing. My replacement Xbox has been going ever since.

Morshu9001

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2012
the capital of Assyria
I had 7 PlayStation 2s break from laser reader faults, when Microsoft launched the Xbox I hopped onto the platform, my Xbox never broke, I lived until the 360 launched and I bought that. My 360 lasted 3 and a half years before RRODing. My replacement Xbox has been going ever since.

Yeah, actually, I think the PS2 is worse than the XBOX in terms of reliability. My XBOX broke for no reason (RRoD), but the replacement worked. Meanwhile, my NES and GameCube still function perfectly.

junebug1

macrumors regular
Jan 24, 2007
NE Ohio
Seriously no iPhone 5 support. Why do developers even bother releasing "new" apps that still don't make use of the larger screen?

bungiefan89

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2011
How is Xbox ruining gaming exactly?
By milking the once good Halo franchise of all its positive qualities and turning it into a cash cow.

By shipping the Xbox 360 a year ahead of the competition in an attempt to grab more of the market, but ending up giving us a product that was notorious for overheating, had fans that screamed like a banshee during operation, no built-in wi-fi, a tiny detachable HDD, support for the failed HD-DVD format, and games that cost $10 more than other games for no discernable reason.

By demanding consumers pay $50, and more recently $60, per year just to play games online over a peer-to-peer connection... a business model that no other online gaming platform employs.

By paying developers extra just so they could have DLC for their platform before others, and then smugly marketing the hell out of that fact as though to suggest their platform is somehow superior to others.

By progressively pushing more and more advertisements into the user interface of their console.

By ripping off the Wii's attempt at innovation with the abomination that is the Kinect.

By constantly pandering not only to casual gamers with hardcore games, but also pandering to a younger crowd of gamers with games well beyond what's age appropriate for them.

And by fostering a crowd of fanboys who stubbornly spew hatred at all other platforms, acting as little more than a cancer on the entire industry.

Microsoft's Xbox platform has been a cancer on the gaming industry almost since it's inception. And this is coming from someone who's played on Xbox and Xbox 360 for 10 years.

Renzatic

Suspended
And by fostering a crowd of fanboys who stubbornly spew hatred at all other platforms, acting as little more than a cancer on the entire industry.

Microsoft, Apple, Google, and just about any other company that offers some sort of tech product is guilty of that.

"Hello, I like Apple computers. Therefore I think everything Microsoft does is stupid, lame, bad, dumb, and doesn't work right. I don't care about the evidence telling me otherwise. It's just the way I feel. Why? Because I use Apple computers. They make me feel somehow...I dunno...superior. A cut above the rest, if you will".

Or if you prefer

"iOS IS FOR BABIES OLOL! USE ANDROID IT GROWN UP OS AND THE BEST EVER".

Vetvito

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2012
By milking the once good Halo franchise of all its positive qualities and turning it into a cash cow.

By shipping the Xbox 360 a year ahead of the competition in an attempt to grab more of the market, but ending up giving us a product that was notorious for overheating, had fans that screamed like a banshee during operation, no built-in wi-fi, a tiny detachable HDD, support for the failed HD-DVD format, and games that cost $10 more than other games for no discernable reason.

By demanding consumers pay $50, and more recently $60, per year just to play games online over a peer-to-peer connection... a business model that no other online gaming platform employs.

By paying developers extra just so they could have DLC for their platform before others, and then smugly marketing the hell out of that fact as though to suggest their platform is somehow superior to others.

By progressively pushing more and more advertisements into the user interface of their console.

By ripping off the Wii's attempt at innovation with the abomination that is the Kinect.

By constantly pandering not only to casual gamers with hardcore games, but also pandering to a younger crowd of gamers with games well beyond what's age appropriate for them.

Microsoft's Xbox platform has been a cancer on the gaming industry almost since it's inception. And this is coming from someone who's played on Xbox and Xbox 360 for 10 years.

It's like you took my thoughts and let them all out just now. You did it so eloquently, bravo.

Timster83

macrumors member
Aug 9, 2007
Glasgow, Scotland
So Microsoft release an iPhone app three months after the iPhone 5 comes out, yet it's not optimised for the iPhone 5 screen.

Kinda sums up their whole attitude to mobile - they are "so last year".

eleven59

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2008
The XBox Live app is the only app I've ever seen that can make an iPad spontaneously hard reset. How did they even manage that? I'll be cautious with this.

Tell me about it!

The cash cow of halo? Try call of duty, where you can't even use the DLC maps you just bought last year on the new game... Now they're useless...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.