Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cristian.ny

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 1, 2012
After having my iPad mini for a little over a week I am amazed about how long the battery lasts. Here is my usage...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 607

Spink10

Suspended
Nov 3, 2011
Oklahoma
I saw similar results before returning my iPad Mini - although it was counting "usage time" when it was asleep. (Cant prove it - but my usage time was way too high.)

thelookingglass

macrumors 68020
Apr 27, 2005
OP, what were you doing with your iPad during that time? Battery life will vary depending on usage, so just posting the times without any context isn't very revealing.

The iPad has phenomenal standby life. When Steve Jobs announced the first iPad, he claimed it had a standby time of 30 days. I'm sure the latest generations are no slouches either.

maxosx

macrumors 68020
Dec 13, 2012
Southern California
Stating battery life of any individuals iPhone, iPad, MBA, MBP is rather useless. There are simply too many variables. What I do know is that in the big picture Apple does a pretty good job at balancing the various challenges when choosing the battery capacity, charging characteristics & run times. Over the years I've just kept up to date with Apples battery charge & maintenance info, and enjoyed great service & lifespans from the products I've purchased.

cristian.ny

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 1, 2012
OP, what were you doing with your iPad during that time? Battery life will vary depending on usage, so just posting the times without any context isn't very revealing.

The iPad has phenomenal standby life. When Steve Jobs announced the first iPad, he claimed it had a standby time of 30 days. I'm sure the latest generations are no slouches either.

Yea I knew that was coming, I mostly spent the time using safari, ski safari and YouTube on auto brightness and a some iMessaging.

raccoonboy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
My Ipad 2 has longer usage time. But i heard Ipad 4 has the longest.

It really depend what you use it for. I play hardcore games with unreal engine like Epoch, Batman lockdown continuously and battery die faster.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.