Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

raymond lin

macrumors regular
May 22, 2010
Still processing, ordered on Dec 1... :rolleyes:

I just got off the phone with an Apple manager after being on the phone for one hour. He didn't believe what I was telling him that orders aren't being processed in the order that they're received. I placed my order Dec 1 and told him orders after mine were being prepared for shipment/already shipped while myself and others still have orders in the processing stage. He asked me for actual order numbers to prove it. I told him to come here on the MR forum and look in this iMac forum to see proof that people are pissed and that what I am saying is true. I actually got him to look at this forum and he will pass the feedback along to Apple. He was an ****** - he also said he's not going to offer me anything free at all just because other orders are shipping out before both myself and others in the same situation. Apple has horrible principles and the whole order situation is a complete f-up.

Unless they are late, ie after their specify delivery date, they have fulfilled their contract. The fact that others who ordered after you got it before is of no relevance. Just relax, it'll come.

VAvW

macrumors member
Nov 30, 2012
Unless they are late, ie after their specify delivery date, they have fulfilled their contract. The fact that others who ordered after you got it before is of no relevance. Just relax, it'll come.

That's my hope, but no more than that. 2-3 Weeks for shipping have come and gone. The window of 28-31 December delivery is getting slim. Oh well...

Confuzzzed

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Liverpool, UK
he also said he's not going to offer me anything free.

Did you ask for free stuff? Because if you did that changes the intangible element of your situation somewhat. Like someone said, it's all about your own timeline not how you benchmark against others. There are many reasons why orders get inconsistent delivery times. Could be the allocation to different manufacturing lines, payment terms, specific components. Anything really. Chillax.

Photography

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 10, 2007

Did you ask for free stuff? Because if you did that changes the intangible element of your situation somewhat. Like someone said, it's all about your own timeline not how you benchmark against others. There are many reasons why orders get inconsistent delivery times. Could be the allocation to different manufacturing lines, payment terms, specific components. Anything really. Chillax.

Yes, it is of relevance. It's not about the fact that they're still within the delivery window. It's about the principle. They're not fulfilling orders in the order that they are received, which we have all found out. This leads to upsetting the customers who ordered first and yet you have those who ordered after you, and their orders are shipping before yours. Apple really dropped the ball on this.

chuckiehina

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2007
Still processing, ordered on Dec 1... :rolleyes:

I just got off the phone with an Apple manager after being on the phone for one hour. He didn't believe what I was telling him that orders aren't being processed in the order that they're received. I placed my order Dec 1 and told him orders after mine were being prepared for shipment/already shipped while myself and others still have orders in the processing stage. He asked me for actual order numbers to prove it. I told him to come here on the MR forum and look in this iMac forum to see proof that people are pissed and that what I am saying is true. I actually got him to look at this forum and he will pass the feedback along to Apple. He was an ****** - he also said he's not going to offer me anything free at all just because other orders are shipping out before both myself and others in the same situation. Apple has horrible principles and the whole order situation is a complete f-up.

Well lots of other things can effect the order in which orders are filled, not just the numeric ranking of the order number. The actual details of a custom order can come into play. Also the number of units ordered, regional distribution of other orders, order history with apple or paying for priority delivery could have an effect on the order in which units are assembled and shipped. It just business.

VAvW

macrumors member
Nov 30, 2012
A guess...

The only thing I can guess that happened, just a guess, is that all of the orders are more or less evenly distributed to multiple manufacturing plants. For the sake of argument, lets assume there are only two plants that each receive 50% of the orders. While piecing these orders together new orders continue to pour in and are added to the end of the que, as it should be. However, the production rate at plant 1 is exponentially larger than that of plant 2. That would cause early orders processed at plant 1 to be completed quite soon, followed suit by plant 1's later orders. In that same timeframe plant 2 with its slower production is still chewing away the initial orders.
Repeat for any plant 3, 4, 5, etc.

Just a guess, but hey, what elso could cause such a large variation in Processing to Shipping times..?

raymond lin

macrumors regular
May 22, 2010
Yes, it is of relevance. It's not about the fact that they're still within the delivery window. It's about the principle. They're not fulfilling orders in the order that they are received, which we have all found out. This leads to upsetting the customers who ordered first and yet you have those who ordered after you, and their orders are shipping before yours. Apple really dropped the ball on this.

Take it to court then.

Because the statement of your order says a delivery window, a window that is 2 weeks away, it doesn't say "Apple are building them to order and no one else who order it after you will get it before you".

They are probably laughing at you at the other side of the phone and then mark it on purpose so you get it on the last day of delivery window.

Just chill.

Bertvm

macrumors newbie
Dec 16, 2012
NL
And we are still processing..... 23 days and counting.. Still no change no nothing was hoping to get a change by now seeing other people in the NL who ordered the same day already got shipment notices.

ihaveneverknown

macrumors member
Aug 27, 2012

Didn't it state that your order would be delivered in December when you ordered?

randy98mtu

macrumors 65816
Mar 4, 2009
I helped someone out this afternoon. I also had a less than stellar customer service experience. I decided to cancel my order and go with a Mac Mini / Thunderbolt display. The wait wasn't the reason, though it gave me more time to debate the choice and after more consideration, I decided the flexibility of the Thunderbolt display and some other differences made the Mini the right choice for me. So I clicked the cancel button and it lets me select what to cancel. Since they already "completed" my Applecare, I couldn't select it for cancellation. So I hit cancel on the iMac and the system says I can't cancel that without canceling the Applecare. So I called and told the computer I wanted to cancel my order. The computer came back with, "Due to EXPECTEDLY high call volume, we cannot take your call at this time." :confused: I finally called back about 2 hours later, sat on hold for 20 minutes before getting to an agent who completed my request. I placed the order with Amazon for my Mini, Thunderbolt display and (2) 512 GB m4's and they will all be here on Monday. So hopefully getting out of line helps one of you get a "preparing" message sooner!

Confuzzzed

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Liverpool, UK
I helped someone out this afternoon... So hopefully getting out of line helps one of you get a "preparing" message sooner!

Why, thank you. Although mine is still processing so not me directly. But at this stage I would be happy if it arrived 2-7 Jan as was indicated at point of purchase. Now showing Shipping in January.

petraidm

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2010
Help Please

Please contact me via quote of this post or private message, if you ordered your 27" iMac after 2:00 PM PST on 11/30 and it is preparing for shipment, Shipped or received. If possible, include date / time ordered and specs. I ordered the i7 wit 8GB, 680 and 3TB fusion and am still processing

Last edited:

Confuzzzed

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Liverpool, UK
I want to go to Apple Customer Service file a formal complaint about the handling of their 27" i Mac release

Please contact me via quote of this post or private message, if you ordered your 27" iMac after 2:00 PM PST on 11/30 and it is preparing for shipment, Shipped or received. If possible, include date / time ordered and specs. I ordered the i7 wit 8GB, 680 and 3TB fusion and am still processing

Don't let this spoil your Christmas. Forget about the iMac for a few days and maybe it'll arrive this week after Christmas. Sometimes Apple doesn't update order status all that efficiently buy trust me. Things are moving. Have you tried to track your order via the US store website?

petraidm

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2010
Don't let this spoil your Christmas. Forget about the iMac for a few days and maybe it'll arrive this week after Christmas. Sometimes Apple doesn't update order status all that efficiently buy trust me. Things are moving. Have you tried to track your order via the US store website?

Yes, still Processing

raymond lin

macrumors regular
May 22, 2010
Can't believe people are complaining like their iMac is late when it is 2 weeks left before they are supposed to get it.

ihaveneverknown

macrumors member
Aug 27, 2012
Can't believe people are complaining like their iMac is late when it is 2 weeks left before they are supposed to get it.

Exactly.

I recall it saying 'ships in December' when placing the order. For a small few it may have said 'ships in 1-2 weeks', but again; I believe this was modified almost immediately.

A watched pot.

----------

I want to go to Apple Customer Service file a formal complaint about the handling of their 27" i Mac release

I only file informal complaints. They're typically written on a napkin in crayon.

Ambulater

macrumors member
Dec 14, 2012
I ordered my iMac on November 30 and I don't have it yet (although I should very soon). Do I feel that Apple owes me anything? No. Am I mad that some people who ordered after me already received their iMacs? No.

Before I ever clicked on the purchase button I was informed that the Mac would ship in 3-4 weeks. I didn't necessarily like that, but I agreed to that when I clicked "purchase". Apple actually shipped my Mac in 2 weeks and 5 days, beating their projection by 2-9 days.

When I completed the order I was informed that my Mac would be delivered between Dec 31 and Jan 7. It now appears that Apple and UPS are going to beat that by 6-13 days.

I'm getting what I was told I would get and what I agreed to. Actually, better than. That others may have received even faster service is ultimately irrelevant to whether or not I received the service I ageed to when I purchased. While I can kind of understand a certain amount of frustration, I can't say I understand anger or a sense of being owed something more. Just my two cents.

Brian Wilson

macrumors newbie
Dec 16, 2012
4:30 pm. California. Went to preparing for shipment,,,,,I ordered it Nov 30 11:00 pm!! 3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
3TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 680MX 2G GDDR5
APPLE MAGIC MOUSE
Apple WL Kybd (English)+UG
COUNTRY KIT. Can't wait!!:D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 68

NickPerk

macrumors member
Jun 7, 2012
Florida
A few days ago I contacted Apple in regards to the fact that people are receiving and having their orders ship out before mine. Before the rep from Apple could explain the whole "orders are processed by the day we get them" (BULL), I cut him off and told him that the same thing happened when I ordered the Retina Macbook Pro (RMBP). The employee was very apologetic and did his best to give me an update of my order (he tried to look up if the parts have been pulled), but sadly he didn't have enough power to. Thus I switched to a manager who went through the notes and was sorry about the issue and I got $150 off :).

Well I'm happy for now. If Apple doesn't get it out by the window then I'll be calling back :p.

drxcm

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2010
Ordered Dec 3rd - finally went to Preparing for Shipment today.
Delivery dates still unchanged (28 Dec - 8 Jan)

:)

ralittle2

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2007
Finally....

Ordered December 3rd. Delivery originally scheduled for January 2nd - 8th.

Preparing for shipment.

At this point I don't care when it gets here, but am happy that the status has changed.

Now if i can get Nikon to do the same for the introduction of the camera I want then the world will be right.

Hide Configuration Details
Available to ship: 3 - 4 Weeks
Delivers Jan 2 - Jan 8 via Standard Shipping

Configuration

2.9GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
16GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X8GB
3TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX660M 512M GDDR5

APPLE MAGIC MOUSE
Apple WL Kybd (English)+UG
COUNTRY KIT

Just checked again:

Status= shipped
Delivery on 27th

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.