Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VinegarTasters

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 20, 2007
Well, here are some iPad 4 keyboard secrets for those who just got one:

Yeah, it looks like very simple, but you would be surprised at the number of people who didn't know about it. Especially those secret hidden characters.

Mrg02d

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2012
Not funny. I was on to you 1 min in....:rolleyes:

This must be your first go with an idevice and you are excited?

VinegarTasters

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 20, 2007
Not funny. I was on to you 1 min in....:rolleyes:

This must be your first go with an idevice and you are excited?

I am willing to bet you at least 75% don't know those secrets because they are not even in any manual.

Even the camera has some nice surprises:

Ddyracer

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2009
I am willing to bet you at least 75% don't know those secrets because they are not even in any manual.

Even the camera has some nice surprises:

YouTube: video

Lols this is simple stuff. I dont even have an ipad and i know this. But, this is good for beginners, not a secret though because these so called secrets are easy once you play around with the os.

VinegarTasters

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 20, 2007
Lols this is simple stuff. I dont even have an ipad and i know this. But, this is good for beginners, not a secret though because these so called secrets are easy once you play around with the os.

I don't believe you. How can you know about twisting photos? People probably know about rotating screen, not twisting. Also, I bet you didn't know about 4 fingers task manager or quit app...

Ddyracer

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2009
I don't believe you. How can you know about twisting photos? People probably know about rotating screen, not twisting. Also, I bet you didn't know about 4 fingers task manager or quit app...

Like i said as you play with the os you learn it. Dont be so defensive. And yes i know about the 4 finger gesture and the close gesture as well as the 4 finger multitasking.

Blorzoga

macrumors 68030
May 21, 2010
Well, here are some iPad 4 keyboard secrets for those who just got one:

Yeah, it looks like very simple, but you would be surprised at the number of people who didn't know about it. Especially those secret hidden characters.

Can I please have my seven minutes back that I spent watching this stupid video?

Blorzoga

macrumors 68030
May 21, 2010
The video is tailored for new owners. But admit it, you learned at least one new thing. Let me guess, four finger task manager.

Honestly, I didn't learn one new thing. This video would be good for an 80 year old who's never touched a computer before.

ThatsMeRight

macrumors 68020
Sep 12, 2009

This is all quite simple stuff. In fact, the twisting of photos was one of the things Apple heavily advertised when the iPad was first introduced.

Four finger swipe? I remember those articles on the Macrumors frontpage on how it was first on beta, than it was introduced, but only for iPad 2 (and not the first generation iPad) and than finally Apple added this functionality to the first generation iPad too.

It's nice to find out about stuff like this if you didn't know about them, but for a lot of people these 'secrets' aren't secrets.

SnowLeopard OSX

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2012
California
I suppose this could come in handy for some people -- a few helpful tricks and tips for brand new iPad users. I can't even begin to count the amount of times that I've heard people, usually new users, complain about how the touch screen keyboard on the iPad lacks caps lock, or lack of an apostrophe on the main keyboard, etc.

skillwill

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2008
Dreadful video containing "secrets" from the iPad user guide/ easy to work out from playing around with for 15 mins. How can four finger multi tasking be a massive secret when there's a button explaining the gesture in the settings menu.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.