Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

barebackbadger8

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 23, 2009
Wolverhampton, UK
Hi been a mac user for many years but never, ever used any photo editing software...
I have a photo my wife as taken on her iphone 4s of my 14 week old daughter which we would like printed off (i have access to the equipment to do this myself) however on the iphone the photo looks awesome but on my MBA 11" it doesnt look right and printed off 10 x 8 it doesnt look that great
I know there is photoshop, aperture etc but i have zero knowledge of these for what i need what is the best/cheapest program?
I have tried iphoto but it still looks grainy

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
You cannot improve the quality of an image. However, it sounds like you are editing thumbnails rather than primary images. BTW, photographs taken with an iPhone or some other iOS mobile device are automatically distributed to your iCloud-enabled devices.

Make sure that PhotoStream is properly enabled. Also, be careful that the images that you are working on are not thumbnails.

terrymaz

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2010
SF Bay Area and Chicago Area
Hi been a mac user for many years but never, ever used any photo editing software...
I have a photo my wife as taken on her iphone 4s of my 14 week old daughter which we would like printed off (i have access to the equipment to do this myself) however on the iphone the photo looks awesome but on my MBA 11" it doesnt look right and printed off 10 x 8 it doesnt look that great
I know there is photoshop, aperture etc but i have zero knowledge of these for what i need what is the best/cheapest program?
I have tried iphoto but it still looks grainy

Im a diehard Aperture guy but i believe its pixelmator that some say works great for them at a cheap price.

barebackbadger8

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 23, 2009
Wolverhampton, UK
Sorry been away from my mac/ipad for a while.
Thanks for the input guys
I think ill give pixelmator a try, its just that the wife finally managed to take a decent photo of my daughter and although it is stored on photostream/mac etc i would like a physical copy put into a frame but like i have said the quality aint brill once blown up bigger than the iPhones screen size

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.