Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

doasis23

macrumors regular
Aug 23, 2012
I use the Zelda secret sound for my text tone.
http://www.free-ringtones.cc/ringtones/Secret zelda/42813
tri tone is the best stock one but almost every iphone owner uses it. A couple of people at work use the clown horn which drives me crazy.

For my ringtone I use the opening of "The National Anthem" by Radiohead
http://www.free-ringtones.cc/ringtones/Radiohead - The national anthem_1/287583

----------

Anyone has the Facetime dial tone sound? I would love to have that as my ringtone.

http://www.free-ringtones.cc/ringtones_search.php?q=facetime
here you go

Last edited:

inselstudent

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2012
I change the ringtone just because I'm used to changing that on my mobile to some piece of music that I like. And on my iPhone I'm also using Calypso rather than tri-tone for texts at the moment which is basically a two-tone, very similar to the default one and yet different.

But sounds for mails and stuff like that I keep on default because I've got the same sounds on my computer.

someone28624

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2007
Buffalo
I personally hate keyboard sounds and can't see why anyone else would want them. I really hate when someone at work or in the grocery queue is clicking away with a beep beep beep.

I usually have the "old phone" ring tone, but have one I made- sleigh ride- for Christmas time. I have the tri-tone for texts, except for a few people who I have put on custom sounds so I can know when they text to look. I have also disabled email received sounds. I have the default e-mail sent sound. I've disable lock/unlock sounds.

----------

Not really, I use Marimba as my alarm because it's annoying and gets me up, but then stresses me out when I hear people's phone ring...good times.

Haha, I'm the same way about anyone that has my alarm tone as their ringtone! I have been waking up to songs for a bit now, but then I realized I was starting to hate songs I set as my alarm because I like them!

chestvrg

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2010
This is how I have mine set up :) ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356331789.984949.jpg

FixBrokeni

macrumors member
Dec 12, 2012
The defaults are pretty good, but I hate when another iPhone rings and I think it's mine!

TG1

macrumors 6502a
Feb 21, 2011
Waaay too many iPhones in my office for me to stay stock with the sounds. Really, it's a tri-tone fest all-day! Plus, I like to tinker. Ringtone, email, and text tones are all customized. Favorite contacts (fiancée, parents, best friend, etc) have personalized tones for calls & texts. I usually make them from my own mp3s in iTunes or head over to the Zedge website.

snarestud940

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2012
I use all the stock sounds except for alarm and ringtone. For the ringtone i use the theme from Johnny Carson's Tonight Show with Dock Severinsen and the Tonight Show Band. For my alarm, I use a recording of my mother screaming at me. These seem to do the trick lol!

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
Wow, more than 50% here use stock. In the old RAZR days, having a custom ring was the coolest thing, I guess the novelty's worn off.

LaynieGorilla

macrumors 6502
Jan 1, 2011
PA
Wow, more than 50% here use stock. In the old RAZR days, having a custom ring was the coolest thing, I guess the novelty's worn off.
I think The reason why a lot of apple users do it because there's a since of belonging with a group of people. People like to associate apple with "cool", IMHO.
Why else would you want to hear your ringtones a million and one times EVERYDAY in a office or cafe shop setting lol

maxosx

macrumors 68020
Dec 13, 2012
Southern California
The defaults are fine. However I ended up changing all of mine to custom , non-Apple tones. I got tired of all the iPhones around me sounding the same as mine.

These days it's really annoying, iPhones everywhere. Even old people have iPhones which is really bad, with their failing hearing they've got them set to the loudest volume possible. Very annoying.

ManicMarc

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2012
Since I got my first iPhone in 2009 I've used 'Electronic' as my text tone - whenever I hear it in public is always grabs my attention immediately.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.