Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iamartimus

macrumors 6502
Aug 13, 2010
Wirelessly posted

Just got my satin Armor and glassTr from Spigen and wow, both look awesome. The case fits perfectly and matches up just as well with glassTr. I do have that issue with the top left corner lifting up slightly and it is noticeable. I'll read up on the fix for it. I would hate to replace it because I got it on good and no dust underneath. I do notice that the response with the glassTr is reduced somewhat and will take some getting used to. Overall, great protection all around, and looks absolutely gorgeous. Spigen also threw in a $7 gift card and a mini styus that plugs into the headphone jack. Too cool!

Eckscaliber

macrumors 6502a
May 30, 2012
The case feels and looks well made. I am very pleased with it.

....I hate pocket dust.

Attachments

• m1.jpg
    m1.jpg
    319.9 KB · Views: 200
  • m2.jpg
    m2.jpg
    334.6 KB · Views: 221
  • m3.jpg
    m3.jpg
    248.2 KB · Views: 192
  • m4.jpg
    m4.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 188
  • m5.jpg
    m5.jpg
    294 KB · Views: 240

Eckscaliber

macrumors 6502a
May 30, 2012
Some more.

Attachments

• m6.jpg
    m6.jpg
    266.7 KB · Views: 260
  • m7.jpg
    m7.jpg
    363.7 KB · Views: 218
  • m8.jpg
    m8.jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 221
  • m9.jpg
    m9.jpg
    448.7 KB · Views: 242

iamartimus

macrumors 6502
Aug 13, 2010
Wirelessly posted

With the glasstr installed, the case and glass is flush. The vibrate switch is a little deep, but I can still get to the switch.
The speaker sounds fine, not muffled at all.

RichardC300

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2012
Can someone with a Slim Armor make a comparison between it and a CandyShell or Grip Candy Sheet in terms of thickness?

Eckscaliber

macrumors 6502a
May 30, 2012
How do you feel about the case not curling over the class on top?

It doesn't bother me, especially since I never lay the phone down on the screen. I've actually grown a liking for cases that don't have a lip, because my finger can glide side to side without having to worry about stopping near the edge.

P.S. There was also a $7.99 coupon included with the case. This will of course make me try a different Spigen offering.

Che Castro

macrumors 603
May 21, 2009
It doesn't bother me, especially since I never lay the phone down on the screen. I've actually grown a liking for cases that don't have a lip, because my finger can glide side to side without having to worry about stopping near the edge.

P.S. There was also a $7.99 coupon included with the case. This will of course make me try a different Spigen offering.

Can I have the coupon

RedllowFenix

macrumors member
Dec 22, 2012
Hey guys! You know which products will be on sale after christmas? Indeed, I'm talking about Spigen promotion. Thanks!

sagar4995

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2012
Dubai, UAE
looks great. i live in Dubai and they do international shipping for just $6.52!!! :D
i'll be ordering one after lunch! anyone know how long the international shipping takes? anyone ordered international on this case?

Eckscaliber

macrumors 6502a
May 30, 2012
So wait, if I don't have a glasstr installed, the case's lip should be higher than the screen. So it does have a "lay on table" design?

No. I have your basic super thin screen protector on, and the case is flush with the screen.

sagar4995

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2012
Dubai, UAE
ordered! there's a discount coupon the website "SANTA" which will give u a 10% discount. considering im in Dubai UAE and its x'mas time, ill update once i get it. ordered the silver one for my white i5. :) $22.71 including shipping. quite a steal if u ask me.

RedllowFenix

macrumors member
Dec 22, 2012
ordered! there's a discount coupon the website "SANTA" which will give u a 10% discount. considering im in Dubai UAE and its x'mas time, ill update once i get it. ordered the silver one for my white i5. :) $22.71 including shipping. quite a steal if u ask me.

How is it? That discount applies to anyone?

Last edited:

buddybd

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2011
Couldn't resist anymore, just ordered mine :D

Now what do I do with the Elago Outfit...

Minhimalism

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2012
Texas
No. I have your basic super thin screen protector on, and the case is flush with the screen.

The case is not flush with the screen at all.. It's slightly raised above it, just got mine in today (I don't use a screen protector and when I lay it down it definitely grips on the table with the TPU material.)

it looks very bulky, isn't it? And what about the speakers, sounds good?

Thanks!

My speakers sound the same with and without the case. It's a thicker case for sure, about as thick as my Incipio Frequency but in exchange for that it feels super well protected. This case is a keeper for sure. I won't always use it because I switch between all of mine a lot, but I love how it feels and at $10 shipped due to my coupon, it seriously is a steal. They also included ANOTHER coupon and a $13 stylus they offer with the package. Great company!

Last edited:

Eckscaliber

macrumors 6502a
May 30, 2012
The case is not flush with the screen at all.. It's slightly raised above it, just got mine in today (I don't use a screen protector and when I lay it down it definitely grips on the table with the TPU material.)

My speakers sound the same with and without the case. It's a thicker case for sure, about as thick as my Incipio Frequency but in exchange for that it feels super well protected. This case is a keeper for sure. I won't always use it because I switch between all of mine a lot, but I love how it feels and at $10 shipped due to my coupon, it seriously is a steal. They also included ANOTHER coupon and a $13 stylus they offer with the package. Great company!

Cool story.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.