Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sharewaredemon

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2004
Cape Breton Island
I've seen it before and it bothered me.

First he is talking about an OS 9 Mac. And secondly, everything he is talking about, it seems that it is more his fault.

I don't think when you drag and drop it creates shortcuts, I've never seen that before.

I feel sick watching that movie because to me it doesn't even represent the bad side of using Macs in a funny, or even accurate way.

He's talking about the "intuitive" key combination and complaining about them.

Well I don't think I've ever seen someone make a piece of hardware that lets you press ctr alt del.

or this keyboard.

Ctr_alt_del.jpg

LethalWolfe

macrumors G3
Jan 11, 2002
Los Angeles
If you don't find any humor in that movie you take yourself and/or your computing platform of choice way too seriously, IMO.

I find that movie as amusing today as I did the first time I saw it three or four years ago. And I'll still find it funny in a month or two when it gets posted again by someone going, "hey anyone seen this yet...?" ;)

No offense staka69.

Lethal

Sharewaredemon

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2004
Cape Breton Island
LethalWolfe said:
If you don't find any humor in that movie you take yourself and/or your computing platform of choice way too seriously, IMO.

I find that movie as amusing today as I did the first time I saw it three or four years ago. And I'll still find it funny in a month or two when it gets posted again by someone going, "hey anyone seen this yet...?" ;)

No offense staka69.

Lethal

I don't feel that I take my computing experience seriously, I just feel that maybe there are more accurate ways to make fun of Mac users.

Though I think a lot of the stuff he is joking about was true in the OS 9 days.

LethalWolfe

macrumors G3
Jan 11, 2002
Los Angeles
Sharewaredemon said:
I don't feel that I take my computing experience seriously, I just feel that maybe there are more accurate ways to make fun of Mac users.

Such as... :)

The "boat anchor" and "jack russel terrier" bits git me every time. :D C'mon, admit it, at least once you've yelled, "damnit I'll get to you in a second, stop f**king bouncing" to an icon bouncing in the Dock.

Though I think a lot of the stuff he is joking about was true in the OS 9 days.

You have to consider the age of the movie. I swear I first saw it in '01 over at Anandtech's forums. So... that was, what, about 10.1.x and still lots of Classic, correct?

Lethal

Sharewaredemon

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2004
Cape Breton Island
LethalWolfe said:
Such as... :)

The "boat anchor" and "jack russel terrier" bits git me every time. :D C'mon, admit it, at least once you've yelled, "damnit I'll get to you in a second, stop f**king bouncing" to an icon bouncing in the Dock.

You have to consider the age of the movie. I swear I first saw it in '01 over at Anandtech's forums. So... that was, what, about 10.1.x and still lots of Classic, correct?

Lethal

Yeah you're right. I guess it bothers me more because it's out of date more than anything.

CoMpX said:
The link is not working for me. Anybody have it downloaded or something? If you do, email it to me at applefan90@mac.com or jojov90@optonline.net

Thanks

option click the link and it will download.

Maxiseller

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2005
Little grey, chilly island.
*chuckle*

Well, it made me laugh!

In all honestly though, he's right. The amount of times I've dragged and it's just copied the shortcuts and the dock icons bounce up and down frantically makes the video somthing most Mac users - if they're honest - can equate to. It doesn't mean we love our macs any less though - it's just light humor.

I can see Steve tickling his chin and having a good chuckle at this one!

Woodley

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2005
VA
That was funny, but none of what he said is really true. Things like that can irritate me because it's part of what gives the public such a bad opinion on Macs.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Woodley said:
That was funny, but none of what he said is really true. Things like that can irritate me because it's part of what gives the public such a bad opinion on Macs.

I think it wasn't that inaccurate at the time it was made....

xli_ne

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2005
Center of the Nation
LethalWolfe said:

yes yes, many of times

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
Aahahah I remember in OS 8.6 dragging things from a disk to the desktop, ejecting the disk, and they all went away. I used to get so mad at that! Same thing where if it was in the trash, it would still disappear with the disk!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.