Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daveathall

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2010
North Yorkshire
Some of those are pretty cool, but I couldn't see myself going back to TouchWiz just to use them.

I must admit that I don't mind Touchwiz, I have Go launcher and copied some of ColdFustion enhancements from YouTube, I'm really pleased the way it has turned out.

----------

Samsung is the new Sony. And that is NOT a good thing.

I'm really sorry but I don't understand what you mean, I'm probably being a bit thick but could you explain it please.:)

Last edited:

Stooby Mcdoobie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2012
I must admit that I don't mind Touchwiz, I have Go launcher and copied some of ColdFustion enhancements from YouTube, I'm really pleased the way it has turned out.
It's not that I have a huge dislike for it, I just got tired of waiting for Samsung to push out the Jelly Bean update. And now that I've gotten used to stock Android without an overlay, I'm not sure I can go back. :p

siiip5

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2012
It's not that I have a huge dislike for it, I just got tired of waiting for Samsung to push out the Jelly Bean update. And now that I've gotten used to stock Android without an overlay, I'm not sure I can go back. :p

TW has some cool features inserted by Samsung, and their updates are usually better and less bug free than Google's vanilla version of Android. 4.2 is a prime example of this.

But I agree, sort of. A custom ROM like Task and Ktoonzes AOKP blows vanilla Android and TW out of the water. Tbe capabilities, smoothness, speed and customization are a thing of beauty. I have used vanilla Android, stock TW and every ROM available for the Nex7 and S3. That AOKP ROM is simply the best. You should give it a shot (assuming you have a Nex10, Nex7, S3 or S2. They already have a pretty stable version of 4.2.1 out.

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Mar 29, 2011
It's nice that Samsung isn't delaying JB just to put TouchWiz on it. At least they're actually adding features that are in demand. Multiview is a great feature to import from the Note series to the S3.

daveathall

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2010
North Yorkshire
I am not confident in my own abilities to root and flash any of my phones, I have heard countless times how easy it is, but, if it gonna go wrong, it will be my phone that experiences it, I'm that lucky that if I was in a marching band I would carry the piano.

I am glad that my carrier was quick in pushing out the upgrade, must admit that I have had what in real terms are two fairly significant upgrades within about four months, there are some feature releases that for other manufacturers would have been touted as headliners, this release was very subdued.

JoeG4

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2002
Where else are you going to stick obscure features besides menus? Gestures? Please.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Yeah so many menus to go through. Why was he clicking so many things before even taking a picture? This is what happens when Samsung wants to add so many features without thinking through UI design for end users.

He was turning features on and off.

I like how you can tag the picture with time, place, etc. One of my biggest complaints about iOS is how you can't even see a date from the pictures on the device. I have 800 photos and no dates to find anything.....terrible design. I've even sent pictures from my iPhone to my Android tablet so I could figure out when it was taken.

ynu3ehy7.jpg

Not thinking the UI through? Lol, you have used iOS 6 right? All the features are crammed into an OS that wasn't designed for it...seems like every time I'm in tapa talk and I'm about to press back a notification cuts me off and I need to swipe at it or wait for it. I can't believe this wasn't even address with the now taller iPhone 5 there are some many different ways to fix such a dumb problem...

bembol

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2006
This is what I'm talking about how bland/boring iOS is. I don't Jailbreak/Root so I'm not sure if these features are available.

The only feature I want because the size of the Note 2 is MultiWindow. TBH, I don't think I will use the other features but I love what android is doing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.