Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mscriv

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
congrats to the jackalopes.

My son and I graciously accept your congrats.:D

Yep, looks like it will be ucfgrad and me in the semi-finals on one side of the bracket. Best wishes to you and your son. I hope the two of you weren't hoping for a fantasy championship for Christmas because I'm afraid Santa won't be able to deliver on that holiday wish. ;)

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
Yep, looks like it will be ucfgrad and me in the semi-finals on one side of the bracket. Best wishes to you and your son. I hope the two of you weren't hoping for a fantasy championship for Christmas because I'm afraid Santa won't be able to deliver on that holiday wish. ;)

Sorry to burst your bubble, but my son and I will be playing the Grinch this year to steal your Fantasy Football Christmas.

mscriv

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Sorry to burst your bubble, but my son and I will be playing the Grinch this year to steal your Fantasy Football Christmas.

deadGrinch.jpg

mscriv

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
We beat you like a drum in the regular season, and we expect to do it again!

Well, it should be quite the match up. I'm averaging 131.7 points per game over the last 14 weeks and you are averaging 128.5. Your highest scoring week was 168 and mine was 161. Your lowest scoring week was 96 and mine was 100. I might add that my lowest scoring week of the season was in my matchup against you so I wouldn't gloat too much over that victory. ;) In 8 of 14 weeks you've scored 125 or more points where as I've done it 10 out of 14 weeks. If we look at our week by week scores as if we were playing each other then I would have taken 8 victories to your 6 over the course of the season. All in all things are very even.

It's going to be a fun weekend! :D

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
Well, it should be quite the match up. I'm averaging 131.7 points per game over the last 14 weeks and you are averaging 128.5. Your highest scoring week was 168 and mine was 161. Your lowest scoring week was 96 and mine was 100. I might add that my lowest scoring week of the season was in my matchup against you so I wouldn't gloat too much over that victory. ;) In 8 of 14 weeks you've scored 125 or more points where as I've done it 10 out of 14 weeks. If we look at our week by week scores as if we were playing each other then I would have taken 8 victories to your 6 over the course of the season. All in all things are very even.

Good grief, are you a therapist or an accountant?;)

mscriv

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Well, it should be quite the match up. All in all things are very even.

Can't wait for this weekend.:cool:

Wow, our game was too close for comfort and literally came down to the very end of tonight's 49ers vs. Pats game.

Screen shot 2012-12-16 at 11.54.21 PM.png

I was so scared that Brady was going to connect with Hernandez on that last drive for a big pass or enough small ones to give you the win. Like I said before, I knew we were very evenly matched and that it would be a tough game. I made some real silly decisions in putting together my line up this week and after what the Bengals D did on Thursday night (after I benched them for the Lions D). I just knew that I was in trouble. Thankfully some of your players came up short also. Well played ucfgrad, tell your son good game and that overall you guys had a great season.

All in all, I've played in four leagues this year, two of them being here at MR. I made the playoffs in three of the four and as long as Chris Johnson scores 10 points tomorrow night then I will make the championship in two out of those three. Unfortunately, I was defeated in the semifinals today in my family league. That one always smarts. :mad::( Family leagues seem to be the most competitive and most personal.

So, the iOS championship next week will be AA Chunzilla vs. Team mscriv. In all the years we've been playing MR Fantasy Football I've yet to win a championship. All the best to the Chunzilla's, but I'm sure hoping this will be my first trophy. :D

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
Congrats, mscriv on a nail-biter, stomach churning win. My son and I were glued to the tv and computer.

Honestly, going into tonights game, I was pretty certain that Brady and Welker would kill us. Instead, my son and I get teased through 3 and a half quarters of a narrow lead only to have the carpet ripped out from under us in the final 6 minutes of the game.

But on the brighter side, with the NE loss the Broncos now control their destiny in regards to the 2nd seed in the AFC. Our last 2 games are at home against the Browns and the Chiefs.

stonyc

macrumors 65816
Feb 15, 2005
Michigan
So, the iOS championship next week will be AA Chunzilla vs. Team mscriv. In all the years we've been playing MR Fantasy Football I've yet to win a championship. All the best to the Chunzilla's, but I'm sure hoping this will be my first trophy. :D
With an egg contributed by Danario Alexander, too. And a -1 from my new kicker. I'm going to have a couple of key decisions to make on my lineup for our matchup.

Good luck to you as well, I hope the score ends up being high and exciting for the both of us. But I'll gladly take that iOS trophy, thank you very much. :)

stonyc

macrumors 65816
Feb 15, 2005
Michigan
mscriv, thank you for running the league again this year... it was a hard fought game and your team pushed me to perform its very best this weekend to fully earn the victory. I was lucky to get great performances from Matt Ryan and Dez Bryant, and had to make some decisions like leaving Frank Gore on the bench for Knowshon... no one would have predicted that it was Arian Foster that I should have left on the bench. But, sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.

However, I'm glad that I was able to cash in on that luck on the biggest weekend of them all. With this win and the 2012 iOS Championship Trophy, I'm almost guaranteed of finishing last next year!

So, I hope you'll have no hard feelings and let me back in the league next year!
;) :D

Great season everyone, it was a lot of fun! And thanks again mscriv for the hard fought championship game and for running the league again!

<plays the obligatory "We Are the Champions" in the background>

PS. Not bad for forgetting about the draft and ending up with an auto-picked team consisting of four quarterbacks... Ryan, Schaub, Freeman and Alex Smith! And two kickers! :) That really put me behind the eight ball, and I had to scramble quite a bit in the free agent pool throughout the season... and I was lucky enough to hit it big on some key acquisitions both early and late, especially when Greg Jennings and then Gronk went down.

I think the key free agent signings of the year for me would have to be picking up Mikel Leshoure for some early RB depth, then hitting it big with Danario Alexander and finally striking the mother lode with getting Knowshon Moreno. I had actually put Bryce Brown as a higher waiver priority that week over Moreno... phew! :)

mscriv

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Screen shot 2012-12-24 at 4.22.42 PM.png

Congratulations to our 2012 iOS League Champion StonyC. It was a fun season and I appreciate everyone's sportsmanship. We will definitely do it again next year.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.