Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ProVideo

macrumors 6502
Jun 28, 2011
Seeing this story makes me think of an animated gif with Harrison Ford that can't be used here because of the no swear rule.

wonderspark

macrumors 68040
Feb 4, 2010
Oregon
They are designed for stability and plenty of space when cruising around coastal shores and moored up at lovely marinas. They have to have stronger hulls, different designs and a lot more equipment taking up room if they want to be safe to cross oceans.
I'd be much happier on a sailboat. Either that, or an ocean-going ship. I thought it was cool as @#$% crisscrossing the planet on a Navy ship when I was in my late teens/early twenties. :)

damir00

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2011
Transported by ship?

I thought it was a ship - can't it make it across the Atlantic on its own?

Anyway, why do these TMZ-calibre articles keep getting posted here?

VAvW

macrumors member
Nov 30, 2012
Apple prepares my iMac for shipping to the Netherlands, Netherlands prepares Venus for shipping. Fair deal. Case closed.

turtlez

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2012
no wonder steve didn't want to pay full price hahaha. Should have got Johnny to design it.

KylePowers

macrumors 68000
Mar 5, 2011
Transported by ship?

I thought it was a ship - can't it make it across the Atlantic on its own?

Anyway, why do these TMZ-calibre articles keep getting posted here?
Ever see those 18-wheelers carrying like 8 cars? Same concept. No one wants "miles" on their new toy before they get it. Plus, it's probably cheaper. Nor does it probably have the capability of traveling across the Atlantic pretty easily.

jon3543

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2010
It's a Christmas miracle! God bless us everyone. Now I'll be able to sleep again.

MaxHedrm

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2011
Again people, when you make a multimillion dollar agreement, make sure you have it in a contract.

The percentages were likely in the contract. The disagreement was over how much it cost to actually build the thing. And it's not like there is one receipt that the family could show Stark, a project like this would probably have more contractors involved than most buildings.

Hunster87

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2012
No, it's not. It's beautiful.

I'd love to see closeups of deck areas and interiors.

I hope they put it to good use, or sell it to someone who will.

It's like a Frank Lloyd Wright house: significant in its uniqueness and boldness of concept.

You're right, it is gorgeous. I've been around boats/ships my entire life. It combines functionality with beauty, and is built simply as it should be. The vertical bow, the swooping lines midship, combined with the wood trim and glass is very nice. Not too sure about the iPad style upper decks, but i get it...

mister880

macrumors member
Jul 20, 2002
Is this is a boating forum? Who cares about the yacht? Steve is dead.... Deal with it people! I miss the days of old when we cared about computers. I love me iPhone / iPad but to me the PC is not dead even if Apple thinks it. People move on from the boat!!!

Four oF NINE

macrumors 68000
Sep 28, 2011
Hell's Kitchen
This is a gorgeous vessel.

My own preference leans more toward sailing craft, but for a motor craft, this one is just stunning. The Apple design aesthetic is palpable here, with the glass, wood, and aluminum look.

Good show!

AidenShaw

macrumors P6
Feb 8, 2003
The Peninsula
Last edited:

louis Fashion

macrumors 6502a
Jan 22, 2010
Arizona, USA
Quote:
the yacht is scheduled to be transported by ship

Thats funny."

Not funny. The stern was not designed to compensate for "following seas"
A storm or rogue wave could have an unfortunate outcome.

kas23

macrumors 603
Oct 28, 2007
Thank God! I was getting worried this flap was going to completely destroy their Christmas! Cue they don't ****ing celebrate Christmas comments.

----------

This is a gorgeous vessel.

My own preference leans more toward sailing craft, but for a motor craft, this one is just stunning. The Apple design aesthetic is palpable here, with the glass, wood, and aluminum look.

Good show!

I woder what kind of fuel economy this vessel gets? With both Steve and Laurene so environmentally conscience, I'm sure this runs on some type of alternative fuel. Or not.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.