Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AidenShaw

macrumors P6
Feb 8, 2003
The Peninsula
Quote:
the yacht is scheduled to be transported by ship

Thats funny."

Not funny. The stern was not designed to compensate for "following seas"
A storm or rogue wave could have an unfortunate outcome.

And the bow and superstructure don't look like a good design for a "!following-sea" (is "leading sea" used?). And one of the hazards of a following sea is that a wave hitting the boat from the rear will raise the stern and lower the bow, so that the bow will submarine under the water in front. Not good with a glass superstructure with vertical walls and front-facing doors.

But some of the SJ fans won't hear of any criticism of the seaworthiness of this boat.

I wonder what kind of fuel economy this vessel gets? With both Steve and Laurene so environmentally conscience, I'm sure this runs on some type of alternative fuel. Or not.

Or, that instead of having it built in the US with US labor, it was built overseas and has to be shipped (more fuel) back to the US.

Last edited:

CHess

macrumors regular
Dec 13, 2001
San Francisco Bay Area
And in a few years, they'll upgrade to a newer Captain, the yacht will be incompatible with him, and then they'll be forced to buy a new one :)

Merry Christmas all!

FloatingBones

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2006
That would be one quick trip to the states...

For the price being paid for the Yacht, it could well be an FTL craft. :D

There was a young woman named Bright
Whose speed was much faster than light.
She set out one day
In a relative way,
And returned on the previous night.
—Geri Taran

DCJ001

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2007
does it chime when you turn it on?
where do you set your apple id & log-in your icloud account?
are google maps pre-installed?
is there an FAQ anywhere?

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah your yacht blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah you agree blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah nothing blah blah blah
______________________Decline___Agree

Irrelevant questions.

But here's the answer:
steve_jobs_yacht_venus_controlled_by_imacs_is_all_set_to_sail_huz3x.jpg

Thunderhawks

Suspended
Feb 17, 2009
the problem with this yacht up to now is that we have all seen it through just one particular angle & the iMacCockpit. Extra paparazzi material have yet to surface in order to be able to fully appreciate the design

And why can't it sail to the US?

It's only 1/4" thick , which is why we only see it from one angle.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
You know who Steve Jobs is right? Without him nobody would be here. Why wouldn't his family get coverage?

I believe the comment is because this site is about the company he founded not about the private lives of his family. It would be a show of respect and decorum to not post such things rather than act like the flaming hit whores on sites like cultofmac

writingdevil

macrumors 6502
Feb 11, 2010
Is this is a boating forum? Who cares about the yacht? Steve is dead.... Deal with it people! I miss the days of old when we cared about computers. I love me iPhone / iPad but to me the PC is not dead even if Apple thinks it. People move on from the boat!!!

One COULD say..."Who cares about....what you miss, what you love, your theory that the PC isn't dead, and mainly about people who lecture other people on what to respond to and what to "move on"from.
There's still time to just let people enjoy what they want..on this very night, in a mystical land, one man named Ebinezeer did just that.

johnhope

macrumors member
Apr 4, 2009
LA
I find it horrible, as horrible was Job's house.
Like all geniuses, they only care for the rest of the world...

Konrad

macrumors 6502
Aug 26, 2009
Bi-continental
And the bow and superstructure don't look like a good design for a "!following-sea" (is "leading sea" used?). And one of the hazards of a following sea is that a wave hitting the boat from the rear will raise the stern and lower the bow, so that the bow will submarine under the water in front. Not good with a glass superstructure with vertical walls and front-facing doors.

But some of the SJ fans won't hear of any criticism of the seaworthiness of this boat.

Or, that instead of having it built in the US with US labor, it was built overseas and has to be shipped (more fuel) back to the US.
I am not anybody's fan, however it would be of some interest and amusement to know what qualifies YOU to doubt the design if this vessel?
It is increasingly more difficult to find good craftsmanship within the US. Locating a good plumber in any town USA is already a difficult task. When you take into account how Americans built dwellings, sourcing workers in Europe is a no brainer.

bretm

macrumors 68000
Apr 12, 2002
Well they're not going to airlift it are they?

----------

They are not apple news and rumors. Or at least I'm sure they don't see them selves as that.

----------

He did great things but he was not god(/your parents...)

Ok, so it's news about the largest shareholder of Apple and I think Disney as well.

----------

Um, have you mentioned this insight to Steve Wozniak?

Wozniak would agree 100%. He wanted to give away the Apple 1!

Trojans

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2012
Can iFixit do a teardown? I really wanna see the interior parts....

But... One more thing.......Can it blend? :)

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
merry Xmas Starck, you finally got paid for this piece of krap you created :mad:

The issue wasn't that he wasn't paid, it was the amount. It seems that he pay was based on the cost of the whole thing and it wasn't as much as was originally expected and he wanted his pay off the expectation not the actual

anonymouse99

macrumors regular
Mar 29, 2011
Designed by famed "French" designer ... I have to believe Jobs family here. Designer seems to be wanting to take advantage of Jobs wealth .... I don't believe the designer has ever heard of the words "trust" and "integrity".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.