Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Anglican-Mac

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 22, 2010
Earth. I think.
So my wife got an iPhone 4 (running iOS 6.0.1), yesterday, and all is going well except for photo stream. I thought it would sync automatically (and seems to, between all of my devices), but it hasn't thus far. She's signed into iTunes, and has downloaded previous purchases, etc. but can't get her photo stream pictures. Is there a way to force a sync between devices/iCloud?

Thanks! Merry Christmas!

SanjeevRana

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2011
Check that My Photostream is enabled under Photos in Settings and also connected to WiFi ... Rest should be seamless

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
This is a bit of a blind spot for Apple.

The way they've designed it they clearly want everyone to have their own personal iCloud account. But the only way for Photostream to totally sync photos like you want is for you to sign into the same iCloud account on all devices.

They really haven't figured all this out yet if you ask me.

So what I do is have a "family iCloud" that we use on all our phones as the primary iCloud account. Turn on Photostream in that account.

Then, you can go into Mail and accounts and add ANOTHER iCloud account and make that your personal one. So you can have some things turned on in the shared one (Photostream, mail, calendars) and other things turned on in the personal one (notes, maybe?).

SanjeevRana

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2011
What I do is just use Shared Photostream ...

I have shared a PhotoStream for Daily pics with my wife and vice versa ... i simply add the photo I want us both to see and it works seamlessly plus it works over 3G/LTE

These both shared photostreams in turn shows up on all my devices including iPhoto on iMac

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.