Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

knucklehead

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2003
I guess I was just plain lucky in getting mine so quick.

I also had heard that Googles phone support was pretty poor, but it worked fine for me when I needed it. Hopefully, my luck will continue with this phone.

skiltrip

macrumors 68030
May 6, 2010
New York
Right now I'm getting tempted by the ebay market. Though I refuse to pay much more than 450 for a 16gb. I'd much rather just get it from Google. Wish they hadn't botched up this launch so terribly.

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
Promised a 1-2 week ship date i.e. i was supposed to get it before Christmas. I'm now concluding the 3rd week and entering into the 4th with no phone or updates. Yet i can't cancel my order either. NEVER again will i buy anything from Google. Atrocious. :mad:

Vetvito

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2012
New batch supposedly next week. I wouldn't count on it though due to the new year. So, second week of Jan would be about right.

dkersten

macrumors 6502a
Nov 5, 2010
The worst part is, is that I can't even submit an order, even if there is nothing in stock. I just want to submit an order. I don't care how long it actually takes to ship the phone. What a botched up launch by Google.

Screen Shot 2013-01-01 at 5.43.17 PM.png

Anyone hear any more news on when more may be in stock?

torana355

macrumors 68040
Dec 8, 2009
Sydney, Australia
I really wanted this phone but Google really did screw themselves, like others have said there should be an order system even if there is no stock atm. I am going to wait for the Samsung S4 now.

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
Nexus 4 Availability Watch

So after doing some research and asking some questions I've decided my Android test phone will be the Nexus 4 - unfortunately it seems I've decided this at a bad time!

I know T-Mobile is supposed to get some stock in this month - do ya'll think that means Google will also have more stock and would T-Mobile sell unlocked versions or only with 2-year contracts in their stores?

Last edited:

daveathall

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2010
North Yorkshire
So after doing some research and asking some questions I've decided my Android test phone will be the Nexus 4 - unfortunately it seems I've decided this at a bad time!

I know T-Mobile is supposed to get some stock in this month - do ya'll think that means Google will also have more stock and would T-Mobile sell unlocked versions or only with 2-year contracts in their stores?

It will come unlocked no matter what the carrier.:)

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
It will come unlocked no matter what the carrier.:)

Sure - I was speaking more in terms of pricing, like could I walk into a T-Mobile store and buy an unsubsidized N4. Though after some research it seems T-Mobile's "off-contract" price is something in the neighborhood of $500 correct?

daveathall

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2010
North Yorkshire
Sure - I was speaking more in terms of pricing, like could I walk into a T-Mobile store and buy an unsubsidized N4. Though after some research it seems T-Mobile's "off-contract" price is something in the neighborhood of $500 correct?

Sorry, not sure of the price in the US, I come from England.:)

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
Sorry, not sure of the price in the US, I come from England.:)

No problem - I'm feeling somewhat obsessed today about the N4 and have been scouring the web for any information I could find - definitely worth it to wait and get it cheaper through Google......even with all the headaches I've heard about.

I'm not in any hurry - except that I'm excited to try it out! :cool:

Statusquick

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2012

I remember reading about this a month ago. I think it stated that t-mobile would sell them off contract, but at $100 more for each model. Although considering the scarcity, I would expect them to keep it for 2 year agreements.

TacticalDesire

macrumors 68020
Mar 19, 2012
Michigan
It's absolutely pathetic a company the size of google has screwed up a launch so bad. I WANT to give you my money but you're making it hard!!! At least let me submit an order! Something tells me LG is also just as much to blame

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
Any idea when Google will get more N4s in stock?

*sigh* when hell freezes over?

It's a shame too....here I am, Apple fanboy and all, ready to try out Android and the N4 is my device of choice....but I can't get one because Google/LG can't produce more than 400,000 devices after having it out for 2 months?

And to think some complain about Apple's supply chain....haha 5 MILLION in a weekend....

Frankied22

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2010
*sigh* when hell freezes over?

It's a shame too....here I am, Apple fanboy and all, ready to try out Android and the N4 is my device of choice....but I can't get one because Google/LG can't produce more than 400,000 devices after having it out for 2 months?

And to think some complain about Apple's supply chain....haha 5 MILLION in a weekend....

Yea it really sucks. There's no way I'm paying $500 for one from eBay or Tmobile either.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.