Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PattyMc

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 7, 2012
And Santa is bringing me an IPad 4 !! I went and looked at the mini, and it is a very nice device, bought my grandson one for Christmas. I have an IPad 1, it has served me well for the past few years and now I am finally getting that retina display!! Love the mini but I have been waiting patiently to upgrade and I went with the 4th gen. I can't tell you how excited I am...can barely wait for Christmas morning!
Does someone know if the 30 pin camera connectors will work with a lightning to 30 pin adapter? Merry Christmas all!

SnowLeopard OSX

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2012
California
Congratulations. You did yourself a huge service by choosing the iPad 4 over the mini, in my opinion. With the retina display, you will notice a significant amount of clarity and vibrancy in your digital content. Plus since you previously owned the iPad 1, I'm sure you'll be one of the seemingly few people here who can appreciate the screen real estate of the iPad as opposed to those who, for whatever reason, feel that giving up a pound of weight is worth the loss in 1.8'' of screen space and a retina screen. The improved operating system, and faster processor will also add to your experience.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
I'm glad you're getting a new iPad...but having to be good to get it!!

As Mae West said, when someone admired her jewelry saying "Goodness!", she replied "Goodness had nothing to to with it!":D

Last edited:
S

syd430

11 posts in and it still has not decended in to an all out iPad vs iPad mini argument? It looked certain to breakout after post #3, but the situation has somehow stabilized itself.

testcard

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2009
Northumbria, UK
11 posts in and it still has not decended in to an all out iPad vs iPad mini argument? It looked certain to breakout after post #3, but the situation has somehow stabilized itself.

It's Christmas Day - good will to all men (and women). Even on MacRumors. Happy Christmas!

Bricks

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2012
Got my girlfriend a iPad 4 and she loves it, but I think I love it more than her.

It's our 1st tablet. And Merry Christmas.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.