Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

E.Lizardo

macrumors 68000
May 28, 2008
Um, have you mentioned this insight to Steve Wozniak?

Good point.But Apple would be long gone without Steve.

----------

Don't care about other peoples yachts being impounded and released, if Macrumors wanted to use their space wisely they should already talking about what was the best and worst of this year.

Because space on a website is in such short supply...

----------

Wow who the **** cares merry cristmas to his family but really who the **** cares this type of news shouldn't be on here. Really?????

I found it mildly interesting.If you would take a look there is nothing else new posted so what's the damage?Was some Earth shattering story not posted in favor of this?Just chill out and scroll past stories that don't interest you instead of all the petulant whining.You are always free to start your own site and only post stories that please you.
Interestingly you not only wasted your no doubt precious time reading the article,but wasted even more time posting a useless complaint about it that will have no effect whatsoever.lol

kdarling

macrumors P6
Reminds me of a story my next door neighbor told me many years ago:

He did some carpentry work for a big strip mall near us. However, they didn't pay his bill, which was about a thousand dollars. He kept sending his bill to them and nothing happened.

So he got a lien put on the building he had worked on. Apparently nobody noticed this.

A year or two later, they decided to sell the mall for probably a million dollars, and that's when a title search turned up his lien.

Oh boy, did they pay him then :)

roasted

macrumors member
Dec 2, 2011
I think it is an awesome ship. it's unique and not a clone of countless other yachts already out there. Sort of like Apple as opposed to PCs. I can easily see why S.J. approved the design and had the ship built.

No worries, I'm sure every single nook and cranny of this ship is patented, including the "use of metal screws." :apple:

patentlawyer

macrumors member
Dec 20, 2012
Reminds me of a story my next door neighbor told me many years ago:

He did some carpentry work for a big strip mall near us. However, they didn't pay his bill, which was about a thousand dollars. He kept sending his bill to them and nothing happened.

So he got a lien put on the building he had worked on. Apparently nobody noticed this.

A year or two later, they decided to sell the mall for probably a million dollars, and that's when a title search turned up his lien.

Oh boy, did they pay him then :)

haha very nice ;)

DanielSw

macrumors 6502
Aug 31, 2009
Clearwater, FL
The only reason I'd buy a boat is to sail it across oceans and such. The idea that a custom yacht can't make it home from where it was built sounds like a waste to me, but then, they say a boat is a hole in the ocean in which you pour money.

Your words reveal your profound naiveté regarding ships and ocean sailing. Old Man Sea and Mother Nature will happily devour any ship and its crew which is not truly seaworthy. Becoming seaworthy is a long and painstaking process, especially for a brand new vessel.

I doubt if the Jobs family has the resources to arrange for crewing up their yacht properly from such a long distance away.

And the Dutch firm which manufactured it is most likely mainly interested in delivering the vessel safely to California, a very long distance away, especially by sea. The ferrying vessel may not fit through the locks of the Panama Canal. If not, the voyage may have to be around Africa and across the Indian Ocean, if they don't want to risk the waters of the Middle East.

AidenShaw

macrumors P6
Feb 8, 2003
The Peninsula
Your words reveal your profound naiveté regarding ships and ocean sailing. Old Man Sea and Mother Nature will happily devour any ship and its crew which is not truly seaworthy. Becoming seaworthy is a long and painstaking process, especially for a brand new vessel.

I doubt if the Jobs family has the resources to arrange for crewing up their yacht properly from such a long distance away.

And the Dutch firm which manufactured it is most likely mainly interested in delivering the vessel safely to California, a very long distance away, especially by sea. The ferrying vessel may not fit through the locks of the Panama Canal. If not, the voyage may have to be around Africa and across the Indian Ocean, if they don't want to risk the waters of the Middle East.

Why are you assuming that the Venus would be headed to California? The Bay Area isn't a big yachting area. Cold oceans, outside of the bay itself the weather can be very bad (not to mention the "marine layer" that is very gloomy).

The Venus would make a good venue for floating dinners and parties on the bay, but I'd suspect a Caribbean or Mexican (Cabo/Puerto Vallarta) destination is more likely.

The 600' yacht carriers that I referenced to go through the Panama Canal for their Mexican itinerairies.

wonderspark

macrumors 68040
Feb 4, 2010
Oregon

I was crew on my second navy ship as she went through the Panama Canal, and it was only about 47 feet wide. We had a ton of room in the locks. Battleships and aircraft carriers have been through it.

My point was that if it can't cross an ocean, I'm not interested in it.

mrtravel123

macrumors regular
Aug 9, 2007
I wish I had a nickel for every time someone complained about something being placed on the front page of this website. I'd probably have enough money that I could buy this yacht myself.

noiseordinance

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2012
I think many people feel the same about these pointless comments.

If you care so little about it, why post a comment about it.
It makes no sense!

Well, I make a comment because hopefully the people who run this site respond to user feedback. I would say that by your logic, your reply to my reply is even more nonsensical.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Well, I make a comment because hopefully the people who run this site respond to user feedback. I would say that by your logic, your reply to my reply is even more nonsensical.

In that case, you should perhaps use the "report post" button (red triangle in the left-hand column). That way you can ensure that a forum mod will read your feedback, and prevent cluttering the thread.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.