Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BarryL

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 2, 2012
Get the before they pull it. No jailbreak of course

Enter the following (without comas):1642, M+, C, 1452, M+, C, 1943, M+

If you entered the combination correctly, the calculator display should read “run”, as shown below.

C will cancel this.

Last edited:

DannyGGG

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2011
How likely is it that AT&T can discover that I'm using this?

I don't want to lose my unlimited data plan. I know that PDANet had an option that supposedly hid the tethering somehow.

ml.sail1

macrumors regular
Aug 23, 2010
Pittsburgh
Would just like to add that this does work, though some instructions are left out here, I followed the guide here to get it working. It is an Ad-Hoc tethering app for those wondering (Thus incompatible with iPad).

Last edited:

scottw324

macrumors 6502
Mar 5, 2012
Get the before they pull it. No jailbreak of course

Enter the following (without comas):*1642,*M+,*C,*1452,*M+,*C,*1943,*M+

If you entered the combination correctly, the calculator display should read “run”, as shown below.

C will cancel this.

Yeah tried that and didn't work. Any other suggestions.
When I do that I get a blank calculator display. Every time I hit the C button it clears the calculation out.

scottw324

macrumors 6502
Mar 5, 2012
Would just like to add that this does work, though some instructions are left out here, I followed the guide here to get it working. It is an Ad-Hoc tethering app for those wondering.

The instructions on the webpage you provided got the app working to the run point. I unfortunately do not have a computer at the moment to try the tethering with and I assume you cannot tether the ipad to it which is what I was hoping for. I have verizon with tethering included but figured just incase they decide to do away with that I downloaded the app to have in my arsenal of apps. The video provided shows it being done on a Mac which I do not have at the moment (still own a 4 yr old lenova laptop as my primary PC for streaming my video content to the 3 apple TVs). Maybe in a year or two I will look at getting a Mac Mini which is what i want to get to replace the laptop.

HiFiGuy528

macrumors 68000
Jul 24, 2008
I don't have my Mac with me to test, but I did buy the app. I wonder do you have to do all those settings each time to connect?

noflushbandit

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2012
Looks as though it has been pulled from the store at this point. It still shows up but is unavailable to purchase

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.