Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
The Invellop leatherette folio case has magnets that hold the back cover in place in book mode. I don't know which case snaps shut.

The Speck fit folio is the exact same case as the devicewear only it does not have the sleep/wake feature. And its more expensive.

Speck really F-d up on that as I like the clasp on the fit folio and would have kept it if not for the missing magnets.

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
The Speck fit folio is the exact same case as the devicewear only it does not have the sleep/wake feature. And its more expensive.

Speck really F-d up on that as I like the clasp on the fit folio and would have kept it if not for the missing magnets.

Actually there are other differences. The Speck case does not cover the entire back like the Devicewear. Also, on the back of the case, the Speck stitching does not go all the way around and they rely solely on glue to keep the last part of faux leather attached to the case (Devicewear is stitched all the way around). The Devicewear is just a higher quality product, period. The only advantage the Speck Fitfolio has is the selection of colors/patterns.

----------

Does anyone have any experience with the Poetic Lawman for Ipad Mini? It looks decent for $15. I already have the Devicewear Ridge which I love but I am looking for something to use strictly at home when I am not traveling.

http://www.amazon.com/Poetic-Lawman-Case-Black-Orange/dp/B009WYJEW0/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1356120838&sr=8-3&keywords=poetic+lawman+ipad+mini

I tried the Lawman, but did not like it. The "kick stand" really should have been coated or have some sort of rubbery end to keep the case from easily sliding around. If I had the case propped up with the stand and tried to tap on anything the case would easily move. Granted this would depend on the surface that it was sitting on, but I am referring to a normal work desk. It got quickly annoying and I sent it back.

riseboi

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2011
Miami Beach
Ordered and received this case today:

51PUZ2Xv8tL._SS360_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A6U6CKG/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

I have increasingly found myself wanting to carry my ipad mini around for even the smallest errands, so I've been on the lookout for a leather case that could hold some cash, credit cards/ID, if needed.

I'm still looking for a genuine leather case similar to this, but for $20 shipped, I'm content with this PU leather case for the time being.

A few nitpicks:
-The typical PU leather smell. Hopefully, it will fade after a few days.
-The hole for the rear camera should be bigger. There is a shadow from the hole when using the camera. I rarely use the camera, but it's something I noticed.
-I wish there were two zipper handles.

MJNBGA

macrumors regular
Mar 26, 2011
New Zealand
Cygnett seems to have a bunch ready to ship. I am guessing they might not fit correctly or they are good guessers.

http://us.cygnett.com/ipad/ipad-mini.html

They don't, you're right. In my stupidity, I bought the Enigma - I wanted a case then and there. Doesn't fit well, unnecessary cut outs, doesn't do Smart Cover, the thing flaps around, et cetera. Look out for a trashy review by me on the Internet somewhere in the near future. Merry Christmas!

RichP74

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2012
Got a Kavaj Berlin yesterday. Very nice case. There is certainly a break in period with this guy, and I had to work the leather a bit in the corner with the power button. It's a keeper though, and frankly hilarious this is the same price as the Smart Cover. I tried one of those first, and it kept moving around on me and waking it up.

That70sGAdawg

macrumors 6502a
May 23, 2008
Athens, GA USA
I received the Kavaj Belin case yesterday also. Fits perfect, and after leather conditioner was applied is breaking in nicely. The cut-outs rather than "cut holes" for the speakers holes let more sound through.

cole01

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2008
I'm currently using an Amzer "silicone skin jelly case" for my mini with an iCarbons skin underneath and Steinheil SGP Ultra Crystal screen protector. I really like the way it feels, super grippy and seemingly very protective. It makes the iPad feel great in your hands and for only 20 bucks. Comes in a multitude of colors as well. Here's the link to the case and all the colors http://www.amzer.com/Tablet/Tablet_Apple/Apple-iPad-mini-accessories.htm

Attachments

• amz2.jpg
    amz2.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 135
  • amz3.jpg
    amz3.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 117
  • amz1.jpg
    amz1.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 118

Hls811

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2004
New Jersey
Does anyone have any experience with the Poetic Lawman for Ipad Mini? It looks decent for $15. I already have the Devicewear Ridge which I love but I am looking for something to use strictly at home when I am not traveling.

http://www.amazon.com/Poetic-Lawman-Case-Black-Orange/dp/B009WYJEW0/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1356120838&sr=8-3&keywords=poetic+lawman+ipad+mini

I don't have the Lawman but I got this one for my son: (http://amzn.com/B00A64CC6U) which looks identical and is $2.00 cheaper. It seems OK, he had a Griffin Survivor for his old iPad 2 and this doesn't feel as rugged or protective but thats OK because its also lighter. For $13.00 I'm not expecting much, but if it helps save it from a little fall it'll be worth it.

The stand is OK, I/he wishes it worked in portrait mode too but in reality he doesn't have much use for it that way, pretty much anytime he wants it propped up its in landscape. For the price its not a bad case, I'd recommend it.

----------

What's the thinnest ipad mini back cover that works with the Smart Cover ?

I dont know if its the absolute thinnest, technically a skin would be the thinest thing you could get (and they work with Smart Covers), but they don't offer any drop orptection, just scratches.
As far as something that will offer a little more protection I went with a Switcheasy Coverbuddy and love it. There are some cheaper ones on eBay and Amazon but Switcheasy is excellent, I love that it covers the volume/power button and speaker holes (there are holes to allow the sound to pass through). Its definitely worth the cost.

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
^^^^this....been written here many times and all the backs come and go but there is one that really stands above all the rest at this time and it's the coverbuddy. It's just finished better, fits better and works. I have maybe 7-8 backs - as we have about 5 minis at work and by far the best quality is the coverbuddy.

aarif2012

macrumors member
Aug 9, 2012
I would like to say I'm attracted by the girl at the first sight, haha

The case really got winter feeling, it's leather or some kinds of other materials?

Hi Kagami,
I remember it's made of genuine leather..ah, you may go to the website and check it yourself :D there u go - http://www.lenouveau.net/product.php?id_product=113

I did give this to my frd as Xmas gift! She absolutely love it! :D:D:D
According to her, that is a true, authentic, leather case with luxury feelings (I choose ivory color for her DEFINITELY!). And it also serves a stand well by allowing for two available angles~ (If you need more comment or sth like case review, I may ask her again for more details :eek:)

hah, anyway so happy with my deal~!!:rolleyes:

kagami

macrumors newbie
Dec 23, 2012
Hi Kagami,
I remember it's made of genuine leather..ah, you may go to the website and check it yourself :D there u go - http://www.lenouveau.net/product.php?id_product=113

I did give this to my frd as Xmas gift! She absolutely love it! :D:D:D
According to her, that is a true, authentic, leather case with luxury feelings (I choose ivory color for her DEFINITELY!). And it also serves a stand well by allowing for two available angles~ (If you need more comment or sth like case review, I may ask her again for more details :eek:)

hah, anyway so happy with my deal~!!:rolleyes:

Thanks first! So you're friend got it already right? Is the size perfectly fits the iPad? I really hate loose case.

aarif2012

macrumors member
Aug 9, 2012
yeah. She said it fits perfectly, and one thing she especially loves is the soft interior, which do protect her mini from scratches.
Hope these info do help ;)

----------

Thanks first! So you're friend got it already right? Is the size perfectly fits the iPad? I really hate loose case.

hi replied

kagami

macrumors newbie
Dec 23, 2012
yeah. She said it fits perfectly, and one thing she especially loves is the soft interior, which do protect her mini from scratches.
Hope these info do help ;)

----------

hi replied

Thanks for the information! So one more question: shipping time is 1 week, do you mean ship to US area?

Che Castro

macrumors 603
May 21, 2009
On the coverbuddy which color did you guys get ?

I have a black ipad mini. & dark gray Smart Cover ,

I'm undecided between the black glossy coverbuddy or dark grey matte coverbuddy

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
On the coverbuddy which color did you guys get ?

I have a black ipad mini. & dark gray Smart Cover ,

I'm undecided between the black glossy coverbuddy or dark grey matte coverbuddy

I got the black glossy, but I took it off to use an iCarbon instead.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.