Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VassilyTheSkin

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2012
Wiltshire,UK
Greetings to all

I've lurked for while but decided to register now that I've decided to move from PC to Mac.

Looking forward to contributing and I promise to use the search function before asking any 'newbie' questions ;)

GaelicMacFan

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2012
Hello!

Hello everyone!

I found this messageboard when Googling "iTunes 11 release date" (I'm getting impatient too) and this came up in the search results.

My setup/gear:

-3rd generation Mac mini that I got for my birthday in April when my old 1st gen mini gave up the ghost
-ViewSonic VX2250 1920x1080 HD monitor
-Some six-year-old Creative Labs speakers & subwoofer
-a Samsung SE-208 DVD drive (considered getting a Blu-Ray drive, but those are still expensive)
-a first generation iPod shuffle that used to be my nephew's (I had a 2nd gen, but it went through the washer)

morgan02

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2012
feed back

I joined up because you guys always have the up to date info and because my friends told me to. :D
I hope I will have a lovely moment here.

natb2712

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2012
Scotland
Hi im new

to this forum as well as new to owning a iMac. im looking to learn more about how awesome they are and what are the must have apps ect. look forward to chatting to you all!

The main thing i do on my mac at the min is go on ebay and facebook lol its all i know how to do generally

barca bear

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2012
Scotland
Another newbie here. Had a MacBook pro since 2006 but making the desktop jump when the new iMac gets released this month hopefully!

Epod-970fx

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2012
Denver,Colorado
I'll introduce myself here I think? Right? anyways

I'm Ryan Epod I've been working on Computers since I was a Kid in the early 90's started on Windows 3.11 I stuck it out with Windows till XP with a splash of early Red Hat Linux (in a box) and a splash of Debian then 2001; I gave up Windows permanently with the release of XP and the seeming downfall of NT 2000 (I'll admit it Windows 2000 was good incorporated a friendly GUI over the NT Server Kernel which ran really good) but when XP launched I had enough of the MS World and moved full time to Red Hat Linux 7 (boxed still) but really made my way to Debian still in it's infancy at Debian Potato I stayed with Debian through (testing) wheezy did alot of work on Ubuntu 8.04-12.04 KDE Kubuntu 9.04-12.04 I really learned how to debug and started understanding C/C++ & QT and finally I ended up at Linux Mint w/ Cinnamon (Gnome 2.x 3.x and Cinnamon inspired learning C) I was over all impressed with the progess of Linux Mint and Cinnamon Ubuntu had its ups and downs and Debian was all ways by base all ways had a Debian Partition then I'd sat around 2009/2010 I really started getting into The PowerPC architecture ran Lubuntu on some old G3's and G4's that ended up dead never gave OSX a chance then finally I got a hold of a G5 iMac with OSX 10.5 Leopard and basically haven't looked back since I've put alot of time into learning Xcode & Applescript (though Objective-C isn't horrible different from C/C++) AppleScript was relatively easy because I'm really comfortable with BASH (though I really think OSX is missing a Busy Box) All my Linux knowledge transferred relatively smooth and easily into OS X Tiger & Leopard I had quite a bit of *BSD (openBSD & freeBSD) knowledge from customers wanting installations and all the *BSD knowledge applied instantly though I still <3 Linux I've pretty much moved on from there ecosystem and plan on supporting PPC OSX until it just can't be done anymore then I'll jump ship to freeBSD (version 9.0+ will all support PPC) anyway that's my tech background for everyone hope I can help out on the site and glad I found this forum.
-Epod

mikestang746

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2012
Hi guys!... I'm new her... ^_^ Thank you for having me!...

Hello, my name is Mike Miller, I've been in the software industry for a while and always
looking to learn more and share my experiences. I'm 33, and I live in Los Angeles California..

lunaoso

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2012
Boston, MA
Hi guys, I've been her for like a month and a half, so a lot of you probably already know me, but I just found this thread. As some of you know I do the wood wallpapers for iPhone 5s(as you can see in my sig). I also like talking about Apple products (obviously).

Good Karma

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2012
London UK
Hello, i am new

Hi Everyone, just joined this forum, became a proud Macbook pro owner few weeks ago and loving it, could not wait to get rid of the windows laptop. I have owned few other ios devices, and am a member of the ipad forum, but decided to join this forum since i am a mac owner now. :apple::p

yoginibear

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2012
So. Cal
new user

Hello. I am new to Apple--started with iPhone and now have a MacPro, and will soon have others, I'm sure. Because of a serious issue with a stalker--hacked my Facebook, my gmail accounts, not to mention getting into my boyfriend's accounts--on the recommendation of my friends, I switched.

So, here I am. Now, I want to learn as much as I can about the whole "other side" of cyber stuff, so I can write about it, either in novel form or at least, for an article in a magazine. I was a managing editor for a while, but need to learn a whole lot more before I sound like I know what I'm talking about in this article.

To start with, can anyone tell me how to use the terminal?
Y.

bbrriiaann6

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2012

Hello new and old as well,

My name is Bbrriiaann new member in this forum. I'm glad by being a part of this community. :)

myenglishispoor

macrumors newbie
Dec 11, 2012
WenZhou,China
hi everyone,
I am a college student.
Last year i bought a macbook pro 13''.And now i love my macbook pro. But my English is poor.
So i want to learn something about Mac and to learn English in this forum.:)

Igstyval

macrumors newbie
Dec 26, 2012
Arizona
Hey Guys.

I'm Travis, and I'm new to this forum as far as being a member is concerned. I have been reading these forums for a couple of years now.. whenever there was something that I needed to know, that is.

I have a computer that I've been calling the "Big Mac" for about 3 years now: It is a custom built desktop that's sporting a 3GHz Core 2 Duo, NVIDIA graphics, 4 GB RAM, 3 hard drives (one for each OS), and two optical drives. However I don't use the big rig as much as I use my little obsolete MacBook. And yes, I love my humble 6-year old MacBook... :cool: and no, I'm not being sarcastic!

My main computer is this laptop: MacBook1,1. It has a 2GHz Core Duo, 2 GB 667MHz DDR2 RAM, and a decent-sized 5400RPM hard drive. I'm running 10.5.8 on it now. This computer is where I have done most of my programming work in C, NXC, and MATLAB. Hoping to upgrade to 10.6.. so that I can possibly use Xcode 4 instead of 3. It's not a huge deal or anything but it's always nice to be updated. I still have a lot I can learn with my current setup.

Anyway.. I doubt I'll be posting a whole lot. I don't know nearly enough to make much of a contribution here. Just wanted to say, "hello". :D

Last edited:

mikealano

macrumors newbie
Dec 26, 2012
Total Convert

Hi!

In a span of several years since the U2 version of the iPod 5th gen came out, I fell in love with Apple..throughout the years I accumulated several apple products but never thought myself a full convert even if I use iOS more than Windows (which I reserve for work since PCs has been my workhorse).

Finally I got an MBP 13" 2.9Ghz i7 and am kicking myself the past few days why I haven't gone Mac earlier. Oh well... the windows platform got me jobs to earn my mac so I'll always have respect for it.

Looking forward to crawling in more with the new OS X.

Mike d Convert :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.