Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
Not in my experience the fit is not alway good. Also they are overpriced and provide little impact protection.

its not a nit pick when the op praises a specific product that is not available.

It's not overpriced. Show me another case made of genuine leather for cheaper that's of the same precision fit. It's always a perfect fit, you have no clue what you're talking about.

The case is available, just not for the mini yet. And I think you have your threads confused with the OP

class77

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2010
Last edited:

SnowLeopard OSX

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2012
California
Incase Book Jacket Case (faux leather):

ipadminibookjacketblack03.jpg

http://goincase.com/products/category/iPad+mini

Hls811

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 19, 2004
New Jersey
I can't remember what size you were looking for, but here are 2 slim leather cases to start with.
--> http://oberondesign.com/
--> http://www.ipadmates.com/en/22-thinnest-ipad-mini-premium-leather-cover-case.html
Hope they help...

the iPadmates case is nice.. I hadn't seen that one yet.. Anyone have any experience with it?

The Oberon looks nice but isn't my style.. I appreciate the link though.

I've seen this one, but I don't like the slide-in style. I want something that has the front exposed and shows off the iPad not covers it.

I purchased and returned the Invellop slim case from Amazon, I didn't like the feel of it and it was bulkier than I expected. I was tempted to go for a Devicewear case but I'm not thrilled w/ the 3 color options and I really am turned off by the logo embossed on the front. I'm also thinking about the Switcheasy Pelle.. I used to have a Canvas and liked it but it just adds too much bulk to the Mini.. If I can't find what I want in leather I'm going to go for something as slim as possible.

For now I ordered a clear Cover Buddy from Switcheasy and will pick up a Smart Cover, Its not ideal unless someone comes out with the locking back covers, but it'll do. Maybe in a few more weeks there'll be some more leather options.

By the time I figure it out I'll be selling it to get a Retina iPad mini. :) At least whoever buys it will have a bunch of case options!!

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
It's not overpriced. Show me another case made of genuine leather for cheaper that's of the same precision fit. It's always a perfect fit, you have no clue what you're talking about.

The case is available, just not for the mini yet. And I think you have your threads confused with the OP

Thin leather, that has no drop protection. Bought a sarach case for iphone 5 which was crooked when the phone was inserted.

BTW...its NOT available for mini (this is a mini thread).

Owned a few SENA cases but never for long.

Bottom line here....don't recommend a case for a specific device if you have not used/owned it on that device.

alb99

macrumors newbie
Dec 26, 2012
US
Damn. I just purchased a iPad mini case-black from their website. Have you got the refund yet?

Hls811

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 19, 2004
New Jersey
Damn. I just purchased a iPad mini case-black from their website. Have you got the refund yet?

I didn't get my refund yet, but Im not worried about it. Yet. Post pics when you get it, I'd love to see whether it was just mine or all the cases look like that. What really annoys me is not only did they admit to using fake pictures they raised their prices on their website! The Vintage case is now $97.00-It was $58.99 when I ordered. The non-vintage version was $38 now its 57! (Through Amazon they can be found at the old prices though.)

Hls811

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 19, 2004
New Jersey
Bear Motion: Genuine Brazilian leather. The reviews are excellent and all report outstanding customer service.

http://www.amazon.com/Bear-Motion-B...TF8&colid=13Z71QVEV89X0&coliid=I24SYCM8RDCDRW

I saw this one, almost pulled the trigger on it. I'm not sure I like the extra thickness of it since it has the plastic shell and then the layer of leather around that, but I still may take a chance on it. Right now it looks like they are having issues w/ the magnets, the vendor is sending out a 2nd case once the issue has been fixed but I was waiting to see when they put the updated model online I might jump on it then.

Marcellus

macrumors member
Nov 10, 2011
Branford, CT
INVELLOP leatherette case for the mini

I just purchased this one at Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009JRMBVG/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00
I figured it is always good to have a second case on hand that is less expensive than some of the models discussed on this thread. I like the look of genuine leather on this one, and all its other features. It also receives excellent reviews at Amazon and was also reviewed on YouTube with rave reviews.

Hls811

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 19, 2004
New Jersey
I just purchased this one at Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009JRMBVG/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00
I figured it is always good to have a second case on hand that is less expensive than some of the models discussed on this thread. I like the look of genuine leather on this one, and all its other features. It also receives excellent reviews at Amazon and was also reviewed on YouTube with rave reviews.

I gave this one a shot and returned it... I ordered the brown one and it just wasn't the brown I was hoping for - I wanted something more worn in or 'vintage' - (I loved the brown on the Jison that I posted pix of). If it was real leather and I knew it would have broken in or aged I would have kept it but I know PU or leatherette pretty much stays the same/ The case itself was nice, and would have been a keeper otherwise - espeially for under $20, If I decided to go with black it would have been great I'm sure.

Hls811

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 19, 2004
New Jersey
Why don't you try a Vaja Case?
I Love this case a lot on my iPad Mini.
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1509684/
You can pick up any color-combination you want.

Greetings from Switzerland

I'd like to.. thats a beautiful case, but even though I'm OK spending a little more than normal for a case I can't really go for $180 (and as beautiful as the case is I don't like how the top panel near the power/headphones and the bottom by the speakers/dock is so open). If it was cheaper i might take a chance on it, but for that price I can't get myself to take the jump.

Sand Man

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2011
Well it is not a slip in case, but www.portenzo.com has the Alano case for the Mini and you can pretty much design it for yourself. This is is what I will probably get when the wife lets me get my Mini. First I have wear her down by holding her I-Pad hostage.

alb99

macrumors newbie
Dec 26, 2012
US
:D Got my iPad mini case today. Yes. i have the same feeling when I took it out of the box was "it's perfect...". and then i find out this is really a good case. I am quite satisfy with this case. ...so luky that get it at $58.99. I checked out the pics on their website. It's almost the same with my case.

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 120
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 102
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 116

chellyc

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2010
I have a question for Libretto owners and Jisoncase owners. The same question for both. How does the case look and feel when the front cover is folded completely behind the back cover? Does the front cover lie flat? Does it overlap the back cover? Does it stay in place? Do you have a picture? Many thanks.

Hls811

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 19, 2004
New Jersey
Hoe about one of these cases?

http://www.noreve.com/advanced_search_result.html?keywords=Ipad+mini&x=0&y=0

Or

http://www.pielframa.com/ipad-mini-cases-pf.htm

Real quality, but more expensive than amazon, cheaper than vaja

The Noreve is pretty sweet.. I'm not thrilled w/ the snap closure but still I like it, the Sable Vintage leather is sweet. That may be the one I go with - I'm gonna look around for a few more pictures but that one looks pretty good! Thanks!

(I dont like the pielframa cases, those are slide-in's... )

Tion

macrumors newbie
Jan 8, 2014
I'm hoping to resurrect this thread as I'm about to purchase one of those Vintage Smart Cases for my ipad mini retina.

I am confident with the build quality and design after seeing your reviews and others on the web, but what I'm wondering about is the overall bulk and weight. Is it kinda chunky? According to an email I received from jison, the total thickness with ipad is 15 mm, which basically doubles the thickness of the ipad. How about eh weight?

I am considering the official Apple Smart Case because it is fairly light weight and low bulk. Has anyone seen these two beside one another? I do prefer the look of the jison case though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.