Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JPNFRK7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 27, 2012
California
Yes another thread about this but I am anal about the kind of screen protection on my devices. I am looking for a screen protector that gives the same glassy smooth feel of the ipad screen and is not really thick. I like the verizon screen protectors so much on my iPhone that I go and get the $14.99 3 pack of screen protectors at the store. I dont like the matte finish or antiglare protectors. Anyone have any suggestions?

AlphaDogg

macrumors 68040
May 20, 2010
Ypsilanti, MI
I'm a big proponent of green onions supply screen protectors. I heard about them somewhere on this forum. One day, I decided the screen protectors I was using were just not good enough. I wanted one of those oleophobic tempered glass ones. Then I looked at the price. I remembered back to those green onions supply ones and decided to give it a shot. Ordered them, they came damaged. I tried them anyway and the surface feeling is outstanding! It's even smoother than my iPhone screen! I sent them back and the replacements are coming tomorrow.
Here's a link to their site for the iPad mini.
http://www.greenonionssupply.com/ip...rystal-anti-fingerprint-screen-protector.html

Though if the replacements come damaged again, I'll just go back to SGP Steinheil ultra oleophobic (which aren't actually oleophobic).

JPNFRK7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 27, 2012
California
I'm a big proponent of green onions supply screen protectors. I heard about them somewhere on this forum. One day, I decided the screen protectors I was using were just not good enough. I wanted one of those oleophobic tempered glass ones. Then I looked at the price. I remembered back to those green onions supply ones and decided to give it a shot. Ordered them, they came damaged. I tried them anyway and the surface feeling is outstanding! It's even smoother than my iPhone screen! I sent them back and the replacements are coming tomorrow.
Here's a link to their site for the iPad mini.
http://www.greenonionssupply.com/ip...rystal-anti-fingerprint-screen-protector.html

Though if the replacements come damaged again, I'll just go back to SGP Steinheil ultra oleophobic (which aren't actually oleophobic).

Would you mind updating here if they do work out for you?

boshii

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I used to hate Zagg brand back in the 3G/3GS days but since they've developed the HD line, it's the only kind I get. You really can't tell it's on. It looks and feels great.

JPNFRK7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 27, 2012
California
How do you guys usually apply your protectors? With the iPhone protectors they are small and dont take much moving. I usually go onto the bathroom and turn on the shower as hot as it will go and apply them in the damp air. Always gets the bubbles and dust out. Is it pretty much the same process just a bigger surface with more of a chance for bubbles?

AlphaDogg

macrumors 68040
May 20, 2010
Ypsilanti, MI
How do you guys usually apply your protectors? With the iPhone protectors they are small and dont take much moving. I usually go onto the bathroom and turn on the shower as hot as it will go and apply them in the damp air. Always gets the bubbles and dust out. Is it pretty much the same process just a bigger surface with more of a chance for bubbles?

I make sure the screen is free of dust. Then I peel off the adhesive protector and start to align it with the phone. When the alignment is satisfactory, I push it down onto the screen. Then if there is any dust underneath, I peel up the screen protector with a piece of scotch tape and use another piece of scotch tape to pick up the dust.

boshii

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2008
Atlanta, GA

I only use wet screen protectors and I apply them on my kitchen counter. The installation is easier for me by far with the wet screen protectors. I know people are scared of purposely putting liquids near their idevice but I've been using them since iPhone 3G and all my iPads and have never had any liquid damage. I also keep a can of compressed air next to me to blow off any last specks of dust that appear before I start the installation.

gohokies99

macrumors newbie
Dec 31, 2012
Information about glossy screen protector

I have found the NuShield DayVue to work best. It has a glossy finish, but you can use it outside and still see the screen. It has an antireflective coating that cuts sunglare. It goes on easy and the bubbles can be pushed out.

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
Yup -- the same.

cristian.ny

macrumors newbie
Dec 1, 2012
I feel that the best screen protectors for any device are the InvisibleShield HD by ZAGG. The HD ones feel like glass and you cant tell that you have it on if you put it on perfectly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.