Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cosmos01

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2012
The case is not flush with the screen at all.. It's slightly raised above it, just got mine in today (I don't use a screen protector and when I lay it down it definitely grips on the table with the TPU material.)

My speakers sound the same with and without the case. It's a thicker case for sure, about as thick as my Incipio Frequency but in exchange for that it feels super well protected. This case is a keeper for sure. I won't always use it because I switch between all of mine a lot, but I love how it feels and at $10 shipped due to my coupon, it seriously is a steal. They also included ANOTHER coupon and a $13 stylus they offer with the package. Great company!

Hey Min! I'm considering getting the Satin Silver Slim Armor. Could you post some pics of the case on your white iPhone 5?

Eckscaliber

macrumors 6502a
May 30, 2012
Just trying to help people out by giving them the information they need.. why do you have a problem with that?

I simply disagree that this case has a "lay on the table" design. This is definitely a matter of opinion with this case. I never lay my phone screen down, but if I did, I would never consider doing it with this case.

Seige

macrumors newbie
Jan 30, 2012
Thanks Eckscaliber for posting some photos!

I very much like the design. Currently, I am using the Switcheasy Tones in black, which is great except for the colour joices imho. It looks much darker on your photos than on the website. Is this the same in real life?

Also, I ordered one mid December which was dispatched on the 19th. Does anybody have know how long it takes to get delivered to the UK?

Cheers,
Sebastian

Minhimalism

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2012
Texas
Hey Min! I'm considering getting the Satin Silver Slim Armor. Could you post some pics of the case on your white iPhone 5?

Hey man what's up! Sure. Sorry I don't have my DSLR on me, so these pictures are from my uncle's 4S haha. :)

Attachments

• IMG_1786.JPG
    IMG_1786.JPG
    799 KB · Views: 374
  • IMG_1787.JPG
    IMG_1787.JPG
    662.4 KB · Views: 314

Radiating

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2011
Hey man what's up! Sure. Sorry I don't have my DSLR on me, so these pictures are from my uncle's 4S haha. :)

Question: why do you refuse to use a front and back screen protector, and a bumper?

They look way better than a full case. Is it just the effor of installing a screen protector, like ghost armor?

Minhimalism

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2012
Texas
Question: why do you refuse to use a front and back screen protector, and a bumper?

They look way better than a full case. Is it just the effor of installing a screen protector, like ghost armor?

I've installed many before for other people.. they're easy, it's just screen protectors feel like crap to me, no offense to anyone who likes them. They're plastic! And they feel like plastic. I'll stick to my glass screen and deal with the hairline scratches it picks up over time.

I have tried a few of my cousins' bumpers and just don't like how they feel. I like full cases because they are a nice shape where as a bumper is raised only along the edges while my phone's back is recessed, you know? I have about 15 cases of random colors (most are eBay ones) just to mix and match my outfits. Sometimes I just rock the phone naked as well. And personally I love how my cases look, from my ultra thin to my slightly thicker ones. Each to their own though and your set up looks great, it just isn't for me!

TL;DR - I like cases, but I also like the phone naked without any screen protectors on it.

rxllrn

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2012
I've installed many before for other people.. they're easy, it's just screen protectors feel like crap to me, no offense to anyone who likes them. They're plastic! And they feel like plastic. I'll stick to my glass screen and deal with the hairline scratches it picks up over time.

I have tried a few of my cousins' bumpers and just don't like how they feel. I like full cases because they are a nice shape where as a bumper is raised only along the edges while my phone's back is recessed, you know? I have about 15 cases of random colors (most are eBay ones) just to mix and match my outfits. Sometimes I just rock the phone naked as well. And personally I love how my cases look, from my ultra thin to my slightly thicker ones. Each to their own though and your set up looks great, it just isn't for me!

TL;DR - I like cases, but I also like the phone naked without any screen protectors on it.

Does it look like dust will easily get in the space between the phone and the case since the lip doesn't curl over the phone's screen?

Minhimalism

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2012
Texas
Does it look like dust will easily get in the space between the phone and the case since the lip doesn't curl over the phone's screen?

Yeah it seems like dust could find its way in there! This isn't my first case that doesn't curl over the screen and to be honest I've never found it to be an issue!

punchdrunk55

macrumors regular
Apr 13, 2010
Got my slim armor Black/dark grey and I like it for the most part. A few small annoyances such as vibrate switch is a little hard to get to, and the audio jack is super thin, can't fit most headphones in. The biggest problem is with that there is no lip on the front. With the GlasT installed if it goes sliding at all that thing is gonna be scratched to heck.

Cosmos01

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2012

Your pictures always sell me on the product :eek:.

One question though- does it protect the chamfered edge like the Zoogue cases?

Eckscaliber

macrumors 6502a
May 30, 2012
Thanks Eckscaliber for posting some photos!

I very much like the design. Currently, I am using the Switcheasy Tones in black, which is great except for the colour joices imho. It looks much darker on your photos than on the website. Is this the same in real life?

Also, I ordered one mid December which was dispatched on the 19th. Does anybody have know how long it takes to get delivered to the UK?

Cheers,
Sebastian

I would have to say that the case is twice as dark in real life, in relation to the pictures on the website. You really have to be in a well lit area to experience the color. I still love it though, and it looks great.

----------

How soft and smooth is the inside liner?

Does it leave any scratches on the black iphone.

It's very rigid, but there is no worry of it scratching the phone.

Minhimalism

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2012
Texas
Minhimalism. Which is the best case in reference to safety-thinness?

I haven't tried all of them so I can't really vouch for all of them but I still really like the Zoogue cases. They're thin in your hand (the lip comes up quite a bit past the screen) and provide adequate drop protection without weighing down the phone. The Slim Armor feels more protective of the phone though but at the same time feels more weighty and bulky (though it's really not thicker than the Zoogue ones.) My favorite case is still a cheap $1 matte clear eBay one but that won't do much drop protection wise!

RedllowFenix

macrumors member
Dec 22, 2012
I haven't tried all of them so I can't really vouch for all of them but I still really like the Zoogue cases. They're thin in your hand (the lip comes up quite a bit past the screen) and provide adequate drop protection without weighing down the phone. The Slim Armor feels more protective of the phone though but at the same time feels more weighty and bulky (though it's really not thicker than the Zoogue ones.) My favorite case is still a cheap $1 matte clear eBay one but that won't do much drop protection wise!

Thanks! And screen protector? Which one? Sorry for insistence.

Minhimalism

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2012
Texas
Thanks! And screen protector? Which one? Sorry for insistence.

I don't use one! But if you want antiglare matte, powersupport or the new iris ones are the way to go. Clear feels terrible and ends up with oil build up unless you use a tempered glass one (bodyguards pure, spigen glast.r) but those are thick.

Chuck-Norris

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2012
Received mine xmas eve. Got the gunmetal and the slate. Quick impressions: Definitely does not seem like an $18 case. Quality is on par or better then candyshell. Puts the Switcheasy to shame. Good protection and looks good.There is SLIGHT lay protection but its veryyy minimal. If you have a screen protector you're fine. I thought I'd like the gunmetal more but i find myself using the slate more. I'll post up pics when i can. Not to be a grinch but spigen is having a 26% off sale today... I should have waited...

they have 26% off today?? AHHH MANNNNN :mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.