Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cosmos01

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2012
Gunmetal goes well with silver.

img1299jpg2.jpg

Do you mind posting a few more pictures of the Gunmetal Neo Ex Hybrid Slim on the white iPhone 5?

I really want to get the Satin Silver but that one has white silicone which I am sure will discolor, as opposed to the black silicone on the Gunmetal.

rxllrn

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2012
Do you mind posting a few more pictures of the Gunmetal Neo Ex Hybrid Slim on the white iPhone 5?

I really want to get the Satin Silver but that one has white silicone which I am sure will discolor, as opposed to the black silicone on the Gunmetal.

The satin silver's white inside part has a glossy coating over the silicone, which I'm sure was added to prevent discoloration.

Rayfire

macrumors 68030
Aug 25, 2008
PNW
Mine hasn't. Though I haven't had it for that long.
Mine just started to stain (ordered on release day) I just use it always for lay on table and the back of the white silicon part has some stains now. Good thing I have a black silicon as back up so I just switched it.

Cosmos01

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2012
Hmm seems like some people have experienced discoloration of the white silicone while others have not. Now I have no idea if I should take the chance or not :confused:

Too bad the black silicone inside layer was not offered with the light silver band.

iFiend

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2011
It is raised on EVERY iPhone. There is no exception. You hardly see it on the white one because..well..it's white. If I were you I would get a phantomskin. Wet installs are the only way not to have that bubble raised on the back.

I don't think you're right.

Very pleased with my install :D

iphoneimageon20121226at.jpg

runtohell121

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2010
Received mine today, ordered during holiday special 10% off + free gift. The gifts were Spigen kuel H10 stylus and $7.99 gift card.

So far the bumper feels nice, only complain is that it was difficult to put the plastic around the rubber and the screen protector isn't as good as Power Support.

Chuck-Norris

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2012
Received mine today, ordered during holiday special 10% off + free gift. The gifts were Spigen kuel H10 stylus and $7.99 gift card.

So far the bumper feels nice, only complain is that it was difficult to put the plastic around the rubber and the screen protector isn't as good as Power Support.

thought mailing services were closed on boxign day

Cosmos01

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2012
I ordered the Satin Silver after all. Hopefully it won't discolor on me! If it does, I will just contact Spigen. I had to order from Amazon since the Satin Silver Neo Hybrid Ex Slim is sold out on Spigen's website. Luckily since I ordered from Amazon though, my case will be delivered tommorow :)

DotCom2

macrumors 603
Feb 22, 2009
Can someone who has the new Hybrid Snow slim version and who also had the first version tell me if the curcumference of the opening around the lightning connector is larger than on the first version?
My iPhone won't fit in the dock I bought because the opening is too small. :(

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009
A couple of pages back....

* The hole for the lightning port is smaller in both dimensions. I am guessing they had to do this since the case got much slimmer. Unfortunately, I don't think the 0.2 lightning adapter will fit this case. I don't have one so I can't try it, but I've heard the connector is bigger than the USB to lightning. The other lightning adapter definitely won't fit, just like the previous version of the case.

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011

Mere characteristic of the material, anything porous like plastics, silicone and especially rubbery materials are going to stained and dingy over time.

Not sure what else to share... Not much to photograph, and my iPad kind of sucks. Grainy.
yny6uny7.jpg

tsturbo

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2008
Just received ours today also, both vivid colors, mine is soul black, looks great and has a tight fit. My wife got the Dante red and it looks very striking on the black iPhone 5, brighter than the web pics.

ThunderApple

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 27, 2010
Just received ours today also, both vivid colors, mine is soul black, looks great and has a tight fit. My wife got the Dante red and it looks very striking on the black iPhone 5, brighter than the web pics.

I've been debating on getting the red. Can you possibly post up pictures of it? Would love to see what the red actually looks like.

Americano

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2012
Heres picture of my Dante Red! This is such an awesome bumper! I apologize for the picture format, I'm a little new at this.
IMG_0519.jpg

IMG_0518.jpg

Definitely a slim, sexy case

rxllrn

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2012
I don't know if this has anything to do with the case, but I just took mine off to clean for dust, and I noticed that there was a dent on the chamfered edge of the phone.

danny7360

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2013
i ordered the linear ex slim metal(satin sliver) case last week but Spigen sent me this one by accident. Didn't pay attention and one i put on the case something didn't feel right. looked at the package and then the packing slip and realized that the sent me the wrong case..they did send me the $7.99 gift-card but no stylus pen though. i ordered it on the 26th.. sent them an email on their helpdesk page..see what happens now

case felt pretty good in my hands but not the biggest fan of the rubber underneath. the white looked like it might get dirty and discolored over time but it looked nice with my white iphone5

khsjsilver

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2012
Princeton, NJ
I received my case in Slate about 5 days ago. I've now had some time to live with it and form an opinion. Overall, I guess I am a bit disspointed. It's a nice case, but there are some problems and issues. Here is my review:

The good:

1) The case is very attractive and very sleek . Adds very little bulk or weight to the phone.

The not so good:

1) Even though the case is very tight to the phone, there is a little bit of play on the sides. The top and bottom feel secure, but the sides do come away from the phone under certain moves. I have not had any instances with the case sliding off the phone.

2) The headphone hole is very small. My headphone of choice, that I thought I would have no problem with, didn't fit. I took a razor blade and shaved down some thin slices of rubber off the very end of the headphone jack and it fits fine. I wasn't happy about doing it, but it works.

3) My biggest problem is the fit of the case when using a Glass screen protector. The Spigen website says that this case is compatible with Glass screen protectors. This is really not accurate. The rubber on the front of the case does not fit over the Glass protector. It essentially buts up against the protector. As such, there is really no lip on the front to protect the phone. If you place the phone on a table front side down, the Glass screen protector is essentially sitting right on the table.

4) As far a color, the Slate looks almost black. There is almost no contrast in colors to the black rubber of the case. The pictures on their website show a more blueish tint. The case is very dark.

I contacted Spigen about the fit problem with the Glass screeen protector. there response was "The case was not made to cover the edges of the glastr. It is going to be flush with the glastr once the case is on the phone." I think that the Spigen website is misleading since it states in the FAQ that the case is compatilbe with the glass screen protectors. Sigen suggested that I return the case if I am not satisfied.

Overall, I do think it's a nice case. I do have a problem with the fit with the glass screeen protector and I'm not sure whether I am going to return it. I understand that bumper cases do not provide the greatest level of protection, but I was hoping for a bit of a lip on the front side.

As far a value, $31.99 is a lot of money to spend on a case. If you are expecting a "perfect" case for that amount of money, you may be dissappointed because the case is not 'perfect".

Hope this review helps some people.

Ken

Americano

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2012
Im glad you mentioned that youre not having the corner slip. Im not experiencing it either but some people say they are. As for the glass protector technically if it lies flush with the case doesnt it mean its compatible? I would think the only reason they would say its not compatible would be if the case didnt fit with the glass protector

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.