Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Steviejobz

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
SoCal
Was in a sleeve and slipped out. I was shocked screen didn't crack. It is a bit sharp where it's chipped, wish I could sand / file down somehow. But fortunately got an iPad Mini for xmas.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 441

Binarymix

macrumors 65816
Nov 1, 2007
Nail file would be best.

Or small grit sandpaper.

Bad choice of wallpaper for this photo, looks like broken glass spiderwebbing :)

kodeman53

macrumors 65816
May 4, 2012
Was in a sleeve and slipped out. I was shocked screen didn't crack. It is a bit sharp where it's chipped, wish I could sand / file down somehow. But fortunately got an iPad Mini for xmas.

You mention both the word 'file' and 'sand' and you want others to tell you to file or sand it smooth?:confused:

jpow112

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2007
I did this to my previous ipad- used a Dremel to carefully grind down the snap bits, then put on a skin case, sorted.

Steviejobz

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
SoCal
I did this to my previous ipad- used a Dremel to carefully grind down the snap bits, then put on a skin case, sorted.

Thanks, I have one of these. Going to store today to get the proper bit to sand these edges. I thought it may be too harsh and mess up the glass but if you think it will work then will definitely try.

Appreciate all the tips.

vkd

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2012
Apple just filed a patent for a new rubberised, impact-resistant flexiglass. By the way it is 1st April isn't it? My bad... :p

Born2Run

macrumors 6502
Nov 27, 2010
Hove
I work on a cruise ship and one day I was walking along the crew corridor when I slipped on a wet patch on the floor, my iPad 3 flew out my hands, hit the metal wall, bounced on the metal floor and then bounced down the metal stairs... All I had on it was a Smart Cover, I was so scared that the iPad was destroyed, but no... There was no damage whatsoever!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.