Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bill phillips

macrumors regular
Dec 8, 2012
I can't help myself but look... Who waits a month for a new computer, should have bought a dell!

lol i definately understand...its not easy, i don't mean to say i dont want to look, its just that i find anytime i do nothings changed so i just stopped looking and i pretend i never ordered anything....i try to anyway

Kelsmom18

macrumors newbie
Dec 26, 2012
North Carolina
Ordered My iMac 27 Today!

I know, I know.... I have a long wait ahead;). I figure I will use the time to get all my files in order. So looking forward to this machine! Delivery in Jan.

snugja

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2006
I know, I know.... I have a long wait ahead;). I figure I will use the time to get all my files in order. So looking forward to this machine! Delivery in Jan.

What specs? Mine had the SSD and came very early. Ordered on the 7th, here on the 24th.:D

czachorski

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2007
Exactly same as me... December 4th, standard 27" and fusion 1TB.

Still processing too... I hope our imac will be really close in the assembly line !!!

Also ordered Dec 4 with the configuration below. Still says processing. Will post back when it changes to preparing for shipping.

3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
3TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 675MX 1G GDDR5

iMacRW

macrumors member
Dec 12, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
I ordered on the 9th of December and it still says processing. Estimated to ship in January. I ordered the base 27 with Fusion Drive.

It's hard to be patient!

iPunkin

macrumors newbie
Dec 26, 2012
Ordered December 8th. Decided I wanted the i7, cancelled and reordered through MacMall on December 29th.

Delivering to SLC, UT.

27" iMac Quad-Core Intel Core i7 3.4GHz, 8GB RAM, 3TB Fusion Drive, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675MX graphics processor with 1GB of GDDR5 memory, Two Thunderbolt ports, Apple Wireless Keyboard and Magic Trackpad, OS X Mountain Lion

Last edited:

bill phillips

macrumors regular
Dec 8, 2012
i will say in defense of all the guys complaining about their delivery times, because i know some people are giving you slack...I dont think its really the amount of time their waiting as much as its pretty annoying to see people who ordered 4,5,6, or even 7 days after you and their using their new imac and the others are still "processing". I mean complaining or not you gotta see their point of view, that is pretty annoying

dwayne88

macrumors newbie
Dec 20, 2012
Piedmont, SC
i will say in defense of all the guys complaining about their delivery times, because i know some people are giving you slack...I dont think its really the amount of time their waiting as much as its pretty annoying to see people who ordered 4,5,6, or even 7 days after you and their using their new imac and the others are still "processing". I mean complaining or not you gotta see their point of view, that is pretty annoying

Agreed. I don't mind waiting in line, I expected that. I just don't like getting cut ahead of. It's the same in an order queue as it is standing in a line somewhere.

bill phillips

macrumors regular
Dec 8, 2012
i dont think it matters what config. you order..I keep seeing people asking what configuration they ordered...it doesnt seem like thats playing any role in which orders get filled first...Snugja ordered the ssd and already has his, while some people got a stock config you can pick up off the shelf at any local apple store and their....."still processing" lol

Last edited:

Dutch1576

macrumors newbie
Dec 26, 2012
United States
Check your orders, I placed my order on December 1st at 7AM (EST), and on Sunday, Dec. 23rd the order changed from "Processing Items" to "Preparing for Shipment". However, just about an hour ago the order switched back to "Processing Items"

Order Details:
Ordered On Dec 1, 2012 @ ~7AM EST
27-inch iMac
Available to ship: 3 - 4 Weeks
Delivers Jan 2 - Jan 8 via Standard Shipping

Configuration:
32GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X8GB
3TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 680MX 2G GDDR5
MAGIC MOUSE+MAGIC TRACKPAD
PAGES PREINSTALLED
NUMBERS PREINSTALLED
KEYNOTE PREINSTALLED
Apple Num Kybd(Eng)+User's Gd
COUNTRY KIT

On the phone with Apple now trying to understand why the order reverted back to an earlier state.

bill phillips

macrumors regular
Dec 8, 2012
Check your orders, I placed my order on December 1st at 7AM (EST), and on Sunday, Dec. 23rd the order changed from "Processing Items" to "Preparing for Shipment". However, just about an hour ago the order switched back to "Processing Items"

Order Details:
Ordered On Dec 1, 2012 @ ~7AM EST
27-inch iMac
Available to ship: 3 - 4 Weeks
Delivers Jan 2 - Jan 8 via Standard Shipping

Configuration:
32GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X8GB
3TB Fusion Drive
MAGIC MOUSE+MAGIC TRACKPAD
PAGES PREINSTALLED
NUMBERS PREINSTALLED
KEYNOTE PREINSTALLED
Apple Num Kybd(Eng)+User's Gd
COUNTRY KIT

On the phone with Apple now trying to understand why the order reverted back to an earlier state.
keep us posted

Dutch1576

macrumors newbie
Dec 26, 2012
United States
Just hung up with customer support, they basically stated that they could not see any anomalies with the account and\or order status. They confirmed that charging verification was completed this past weekend, and there were no issues whatsoever which would have delayed the order process. I spoke with someone named "Tom". Tom stated that his management was going to touch base with the group responsible for the online order portal to ensure that they are not experiencing any issues related to an error that would cause the status to revert to an earlier state. The good news is that he confirmed that my order is still slated to ship between January 2nd through the 8th. That has not changed whatsoever. Tom also stated that the order "should" switch to a "Preparing for Shipment" status within the next day or so. I have a feeling that they jumped the gun with certain orders ahead of schedule causing an inadvertent change to the order status.

Tom also encouraged anyone experiencing any similar issues to call and confirm the order status. However, after an hour on the phone being placed on numerous spurts of "hold", there was not a direct answer provided as to what would have caused a reverting of the order status.

bill phillips

macrumors regular
Dec 8, 2012
What specs? Mine had the SSD and came very early. Ordered on the 7th, here on the 24th.:D

do you think the specs matter snugja? I ordered the ssd as well on the 5th, still processing...Idk i think it seems like theres not really a set system in place

snugja

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2006
do you think the specs matter snugja? I ordered the ssd as well on the 5th, still processing...Idk i think it seems like theres not really a set system in place

I dunno. I was just guessing to try and make sense of the madness. Hang in there. The SSD config is really amazing.

bill phillips

macrumors regular
Dec 8, 2012
I dunno. I was just guessing to try and make sense of the madness. Hang in there. The SSD config is really amazing.

yea im really glad i did, you actually were one of the people who convinced me back when i was trying to decide between fusion and ssd..really glad i went with the ssd so thank you

francoish

macrumors newbie
Dec 27, 2012
Belgium
72hrs of Preparing for shipment

The iMac I ordered on December 3rd is stuck in "Preparing for shipment" since last Monday.

3TB Fusion Drive
MAGIC TRACKPAD-Z
Apple WL Kybd+User's Guide-FN
COUNTRY KIT-ZH

Binarymix

macrumors 65816
Nov 1, 2007
Originally ordered on Nov.30th, but had to re-order on Dec. 4th. My iMac is FINALLY preparing for shipment!

Looks like I'll get to spend a little time with it before I go back to work on the 7th!

Have 32GB's of ram, and SuperDrive waiting, and a 1TB USB 3.0 backup drive on it's way :

I ordered:

1TB Fusion Drive
APPLE MAGIC MOUSE
Apple WL Kybd (English)+UG
COUNTRY KIT

Last edited:

iancapable

macrumors 6502
Oct 4, 2006
London, United Kingdom
Originally ordered on Nov.30th, but had to re-order on Dec. 4th. My iMac is FINALLY preparing for shipment!

Looks like I'll get to spend a little time with it before I go back to work on the 7th!

Have 32GB's of ram, and SuperDrive waiting, and a 1TB USB 3.0 backup drive on it's way :

I ordered:

1TB Fusion Drive
APPLE MAGIC MOUSE
Apple WL Kybd (English)+UG
COUNTRY KIT

nice for some. I am getting fairly frustrated. I wish there was at least some indication of where you are in the queue. I too would like to spend some time with my new mac before I go back on the seventh and hopefully stay the thoughts of, "I should have bought a retina macbook pro and a separate monitor"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.