Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

njfirefighter

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 27, 2012
Hi everyone I looked around the forum and online alot and I could not find this answer so I am sorry if this has been asked before. About a year ago my girlfriend convinced me to switch to a mac when the time came for a new computer and I grew to love it little problem when she set it up she made the account pw (yes its the admin account and yes its the only account) so now I do not know the pw. I have the mac osx snowleopard 1.6.3 disc and could not reset the pw w/ that. When I restart the computer through the option to on the disc or through the normal way and then hold down C like I instructed to do in many right ups the computer screen remains blank white w/ the the apple logo continously beeping any help on how I can reset the pw this way or any other way ty in advance!

TjeuV

macrumors 6502
Dec 14, 2011
Belgium
There's a terminal command for that I believe. Just don't know by hard, try googling that for a bit

njfirefighter

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 27, 2012

already tries that method found a few different command line articles none of them worked they all seemed to work but when I exit or try to reboot it just sends me to my home screen logged into admin and when I try to go change the pw the normal way as if I knew the original pw it is not correct. I have also tried the holding down c w/ the disc and all my computer does is stop show me an apple sign and beep

ppcg4mac

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2012
Northwest Kansas

njfirefighter

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 27, 2012
well I figured it out since I was in my account which is an admin and not locked out I created a master pw for the first time I then logged out of my account put the wrong password in a few times than in asked me for the master pw and asked me if I wanted to change this users pw WIN :D thanks for the help guys!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.