Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AFPoster

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 14, 2008
Charlotte, NC
I can't find an image to show you an example of what I'm requesting so this is going to be a little difficult to describe. Hopefully with the 2 pictures I've taken this will make sense. The normal photo look at it as a screen shot. The inwards is if you were to rotate the image on an inside basis (if that makes sense).

Does anyone know how to do this? I know I've done it before I just can't remember how or where I went to do this.

Thanks!

Attachments

• normal.jpg
    normal.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 490
  • inwards.jpg
    inwards.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 321
Nov 28, 2010
located
Photoshop can do this with the Free Transform tool (CMD+T while the Move Tool (V) is activated). Then you right click to Scale and/or change Perspective.

Is that what you were looking after?

AFPoster

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 14, 2008
Charlotte, NC
Photoshop can do this with the Free Transform tool (CMD+T while the Move Tool (V) is activated). Then you right click to Scale and/or change Perspective.

Is that what you were looking after?

That sounds just like what I'm attempting to do. I use Pixelmator and I've enabled those settings however it's not angling, digging a little deeper.

Do you have an example image so I can make sure we're on the same page? The attached picture is the angle I'm trying to do.

Attachments

• angle.png
    angle.png
    71.7 KB · Views: 756
Last edited:

snberk103

macrumors 603
Oct 22, 2007
An Island in the Salish Sea
In Photoshop it is Edit>Transform (I think) > Skew or Warp or Perspective (there are others, but I think that will do it for you)

If you are not using Ps, then look up in the Help 'Skew' or 'Perspective', perhaps 'Warp'. It'll probably be called one of those. Perhaps 'Transform'.

I get what you mean by 'Rotate' inwards... but I don't think those are terms used - which only matters if you are looking in the applications Help.

AFPoster

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 14, 2008
Charlotte, NC
In Photoshop it is Edit>Transform (I think) > Skew or Warp or Perspective (there are others, but I think that will do it for you)

If you are not using Ps, then look up in the Help 'Skew' or 'Perspective', perhaps 'Warp'. It'll probably be called one of those. Perhaps 'Transform'.

I get what you mean by 'Rotate' inwards... but I don't think those are terms used - which only matters if you are looking in the applications Help.

It was Perspective. I was using it wrong which is why I didn't notice it earlier. Thanks for the help and clarification.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.