Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sa3er

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 23, 2011
hi guys , i was cleaning some free space but accidentally i think i just removed the Itunes songs .. there was lots of classic songs on itunes by default always there , now its gone :(
i think if i remove itunes and install again maybe fix , but it don't let me remove itunes with appzapper ...
any idea guys :confused:

old-wiz

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2008
West Suburban Boston Ma
your songs were from Softpedia, which is not installed by default. Also I would not touch appzapper or any program like that - they never fully remove applications.

A fresh install of Osx with iTunes does not have music in it.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
hi guys , i was cleaning some free space
If you're cleaning free space, you won't be removing any files. Files aren't stored in free space.
there was lots of classic songs on itunes by default always there
iTunes doesn't come with any default music. Any music in your library is your own.
i think if i remove itunes and install again maybe fix
Removing and reinstalling the iTunes app won't affect your music files.
but it don't let me remove itunes with appzapper ...
You don't need apps like AppZapper. In most cases, app removal software doesn't do a thorough job of finding and removing files/folders related to deleted apps. For more information, read this and this. If you just want to delete the app, drag the .app file to the trash. No other software needed. If you want to completely remove all associated files/folders, no removal apps will do the job.

The most effective method for complete app removal is manual deletion:

If you've accidentally deleted some of your music, you can recover it from your backup. You do have a backup, right?

Hasn'tbeensober

macrumors member
Nov 23, 2012
FYI!
In osx 10.8.2 it will not allow you to delete iTunes at least in my case, I had to google it to find out how to deleted and re-install iTunes.

sa3er

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 23, 2011
your songs were from Softpedia, which is not installed by default. Also I would not touch appzapper or any program like that - they never fully remove applications.
softpedia was just an example , i did nothing from them. i tried to show screen shot of ituens which you can see on playlist there is always two common button "classical music" "90's music" just google and see tons of screen shots which have this two always ....

They are just smart playlists, they can be recreated very easily.
the playlist is still there but when i click on songs it just ask me to locate song file ! (because i removed them :( )

If you're cleaning free space, you won't be removing any files. Files aren't stored in free space.
dude i was mean i tried delete large folders and files to make free space :D :D why should i delete the free space ? :D :D :D

sa3er

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 23, 2011
People do erase free space to prevent deleted files from being recovered.

oh i didn't know that, anyway but i'm sure i deleted those itunes songs by OmniDiskSweeper. it was because itunes folder was very large ...
i never downloaded even 1 song in my life, they just was by default there and was the best classic collection, i really want them back :(

sa3er

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 23, 2011
did you buy the Mac new? or used? No iTunes version comes with pre-installed music.

i bought from apple atore New. but if its not why when i google itunes screen shots there are lots of pictures display classical music play list and 90's music ... ? please google and see yourself , you itunes don't have those playlists ??! (even on softpedia i can clearly see it... )

sa3er

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 23, 2011
There are standard playlists, no songs that come with them.
if its empty why apple should put an empty playlist on all ituneses ? (i'm 100% sure mine was not empty and in google i can see same)

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
The playlists are there as examples, and yours may have had information in them because they are Smart Playlists that match the content in your library. There is no default content provided in iTunes, and there never has been.

jW

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.