Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PhiladelphiaX

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
If I install iTunes 11, will it be compatible with my 80GB iPod Classic? I've been hearing some rumors that the new iTunes update is not compatible with it (which doesn't' make sense to me) -- and doesn't sync content with any iPod Classic device.

Is this true?

tonyr6

macrumors 68000
Oct 13, 2011
Brooklyn NY
Not if you are using Windows 8 it blue screens Everytime you connect it. I am forced to synce it on my older Windows 7 PC.

RMo

macrumors 65816
Aug 7, 2007
Iowa, USA
If you're using Windows and it's crashing, did you get the right version? You'll need the 64-bit version (actually just the 64-bit driver and the same old 32-bit iTunes application itself, unless they changed something with version 11) on an x64 edition of Windows; otherwise, the 32-bit one is what you'll need.

I don't know what happens if you try to install the 32-bit one on a 64-bit edition of Windows. I hope it would be handled a bit more gracefully, but I'd look into this in any case. Completely uninstalling and reinstalling may also help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.