Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spinstorm

macrumors 68000
Sep 14, 2007
I ordered on the 4th. Still "processing"

Not happy when people who ordered after me have gone to preparing or shipped!!!

arthurschiller

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2012
Ordered on 30th, wired payment. Got the order confirmation on 4th.
Delivery: 3-9 January.
Still processing... Pretty fair.

dwayne88

macrumors newbie
Dec 20, 2012
Piedmont, SC
I called Apple this morning and asked them why orders were not being shipped in the order they were placed. The rep I spoke with, Angela, told me that there were multiple warehouses in China and some warehouses were shipping faster than others. That's ridiculous. I asked if there were certain components that were constrained more than others, but she said she wasn't aware of any. I asked if I could switch my Fusion for a 768GB SSD and she said that all she could do is cancel my order and start me all over again, :mad:.

With all of the effort that Apple puts into organizing logistics for launch days, etc. they should have a much better system in place to make sure these get out in the order they are ordered in. Apple knows what kind of demand their products have gained in the past few years and I honestly think they are creating a supply short of their demand so that they can keep their premium price and keep the buzz going on about their product.

forty2j

macrumors 68030
Jul 11, 2008
NJ
That's just unfair... Why is apple not processing in order? I ordered on the 4th/5th and people that ordered after me have preparing for shipment, I ordered 27" i7, 680 and 1TB fusion... :(

It's not one queue. It's some number of different queues in different locations. You were randomly assigned one that moved slower than someone else's. Nothing sinister going on here.

Isengardtom

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2009
27inch i5 680MX Fusion

Ordered 5th december 2012
Belgium

still processiing >> expected 03-09 January 2013

Credit card not yet charged, and the amount that got taken from my reserve, was added on again

colday

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2010
Mine went to "Preparing for shipment" Dec 24th, then late yesterday back to "Processing", and now this morning it is "Preparing for shipment"!

Ordered Dec 2nd AM

3.4GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.9GHz
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x4GB
3TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB GDDR5

joeyseminara

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2011
Toronto, Canada
My scenario is a little different then others here, but I did a replacement (as my 2009 iMac finally broke down) thanks to apple care they replaced it.
So I shipped it back to them on Dec 20th, and I will be receiving my 27 imac base model tomorrow before 1:30pm via UPS

Im actually really shocked at how fast the process was.

CMUfoto89

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2012
Michigan
My scenario is a little different then others here, but I did a replacement (as my 2009 iMac finally broke down) thanks to apple care they replaced it.
So I shipped it back to them on Dec 20th, and I will be receiving my 27 imac base model tomorrow before 1:30pm via UPS

Im actually really shocked at how fast the process was.

That's great - congrats!

Qonix

macrumors member
Dec 6, 2012
ordered on 7th. still processing. no expected date, it says only "january"

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-12-27 at 3.18.12 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-12-27 at 3.18.12 PM.png
    100.1 KB · Views: 141

xgman

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2007
Do we have any idea when Apple is planning to ramp these imacs up a bit?

dearlaserworks

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2012
Eastern Shore, USA
Do we have any idea when Apple is planning to ramp these imacs up a bit?

No, and I'd think laminated display production is the reason. What else could be keeping them from assembling them faster and faster?

Hopefully there were many more orders in the first day and that they can ship a day's worth of orders every day now or soon. It has taken about 14 days to assemble & ship those first day orders.

They're still promising January delivery for new orders, so they expect to be able to ship a day's worth of orders soon if not already.

Aluminum213

macrumors 68040
Mar 16, 2012
Just ordered a 27" from my local Apple Store - heading back up to school on Jan. 6th and would like to take it back with me - wishful thinking on my part I know :) I did put in for 2-3 day delivery. Thoughts on a delivery date?

3.4GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.9GHz

32GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 4x8GB

3TB Fusion Drive

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB GDDR5

Apple Magic Mouse

Apple Wireless Keyboard (English) & User's Guide

Accessory Kit

You payed $600 for apple RAM? You know how cheap and easy it is to upgrade yourself?

bill phillips

macrumors regular
Dec 8, 2012
Is it just me or do the users who purchase just just the SSD seem to be shipping faster than Fusion or SATA drive machines?

i ordered the ssd dec 5......still processing...hahaha.

----------

I ordered on the 4th. Still "processing"

Not happy when people who ordered after me have gone to preparing or shipped!!!

im with you, ordered a day after you and nothing here either buddy..I just pretend i never ordered anything anymore, well i try to anyway lol

sealed579

macrumors newbie
Dec 27, 2012
I've been following all of the tracking threads anonymously for several weeks, so I thought I'd join to finally contribute! :)

27-inch iMac, Ordered December 8 - From USA
Available to ship: January

Configuration
•3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
•8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
•1TB Fusion Drive
•NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 680MX 2G GDDR5
•MAGIC TRACKPAD
•Apple WL Kybd (English)+UG
•COUNTRY KIT

Still processing unfortunately...

dogcat

macrumors newbie
Dec 17, 2012
Chinese workers need a few days holiday too

I hope that the supply chain is treating the workers decently. I would rather wait a week more than see people treated less well than I wish to be treated.

All I would really like is a pop up tracking the order as closely as FedEx.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.