Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir
Alluva sudden, a [WW] thread pops up in yer Forum Spy view -- or among der threads in dis here Community Discussion?! Yep, that's right.

How does a game of a werewolf persuasion sound?

Not sure how 'frigid' those parts are those days -- if y'all know what I mean -- so let's begin with the good ol' basics -- two WW's, a seer and a hunter.

But if we get more than 12 players, more wood will be tossed into the fire to toasten things up a bit with a role or two.

How does that sound?

----------

ROLES:

Seer: scans one (living) player each night to find their role.

Hunter: protects one player each night from werewolf attack/infection. Cannot protect the same player in a row. Can protect self. Can also kill one player during the daytime (doing this reveals the hunter)

***TWIST HERE***
Alpha Werewolf: Can turn any player into a werewolf.
Werewolf: No powers. Assumes Alpha role if the Alpha dies.

Each werewolf has one "infect". Only werewolves that are alpha can exercise it. In other words, there can potentially be more than one infection IF the original Alpha uses this ability before his death. The werewolf that assumes the Alpha role can then infect another player.

The hierarchy goes from the Alpha to the werewolf, then to the infected werewolves in order of oldest to youngest.

Catch? There is one. If a werewolf attempts to infect the hunter, the werewolf dies.
***END TWIST***

The miscellaneous stuff is the same as always. With one exception: lynchings WILL reveal the role of the player.

Players in dis der game:
1. Moyank24
2. Intell
3. mrkramer
4. Koodauw Infected Werewolf
5. twietee Original Alpha Werewolf
6. Scepticalscribe
7. Tomorrow
8. Plutonius
9. Rodimus Prime
10. Queen of Spades Second Alpha Werewolf
11. jav6454
12. appleguy123

Last edited:

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
I'm a liking this. If things get too busy, I give my spot up to a greener player. But till then, I'll play.

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
when would it be starting? I'm interested as long as it starts soon as I'd like to be one before I start school up again

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
'Tales from the Vienna Woods', 'Werewolves in Der Woods', a tale of deep loamy darkness awaits us, the sort of stuff so well penned by folklore writers of old.......

Great idea. That sounds - well, very, very tempting.

Well done, ravenvii, a very nice distraction over the Yuletide break.......

----------

in Der Woods as well, quite literally actually - dem blackwoods

Ah, lovely. I could almost envy you with the image your post conjures up. Crisp snow, gluhwein, dark silent sentinel trees, pellucid blue skies, sturdy boots, warm gloves and scarves.......and crackling fires and gluhwein to greet you on your return.

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
Crisp snow, gluhwein, dark silent sentinel trees, pellucid blue skies, sturdy boots, warm gloves and scarves.......and crackling fires and gluhwein to greet you on your return.

A little bit of snow here and there would be very much appreciated! But the rest of your description sounds about right. I love listening to the sound of the bridling and cracking fire within the silence of the Black Forest. Makes being lazy seem so very thoughtful and deep.

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir
We now have 10 players. We can go ahead and begin, with the base rules. Or we can wait until tomorrow evening. Let me know what you'd like to do.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
I'm easy either way, but I wonder whether some people (old hands and others who might otherwise be interested) are too distracted by the demands of the Yuletide break (family commitments and such) to log on and sign up.....

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir
I'm easy either way, but I wonder whether some people (old hands and others who might otherwise be interested) are too distracted by the demands of the Yuletide break (family commitments and such) to log on and sign up.....

Perhaps the (presumed) awesomeness of this game will get their attention and get the [WW] fire going ablaze once again... ;)

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir
might as well give it till tomorrow right?

All righty then. The game will begin 6:00 PM EST tomorrow. Roles will be send out beforehand, of course.

One thing I'd like to try this game is to give the players an opportunity to write the narrative. It can be daytime or nighttime, and it is completely optional. Basically, if a player volunteers, I will PM the player what happened that day or night, and let the player write up the narrative. The player can write only one, or more than one, narratives. Completely up to you. Only exceptions: dead players cannot write the narratives (this is AFTER they died -- they CAN write the narrative for their own death).

Again, this is completely optional and for fun -- if no one volunteers, I will write the narrative. This does not affect the game at all.

I have dibs on the opening narrative, to set the mood and setting for the game. Everything after is fair game.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
I'll be more than happy to do one or, perhaps, more than one of the narratives as well......

Re total number playing, should we perhaps PM appleguy123, and, maybe, Firestar, to ask whether they are interested in joining our endeavours? Just a thought.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.