Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coasterfanryan

macrumors regular
Nov 28, 2010
Pittsburgh Pa
ScreenShot2012-12-27at42815PM_zps2d880ec7.png

Now with this, I don't have a reason for my BootCamp partition. =P

scotttnz

macrumors 6502a
Dec 16, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
I went out this morning to spend the vouchers I got for my birthday. I had decided to use them on a Time Capsule to make backing up my new Mac easy.

While I was out I checked to see if the Mac had arrived in stock. I ordered it as a BTO about 3 weeks ago and was told it was due this week.

IMG_0195_zps575340b8.jpg

My first Mac. Late 2012 Mac Mini with i7 2.6 and Fusion Drive. I have 16Gb of third party RAM here to install in it too. :)

Guess what I am doing today?

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
A new portafilter...very heavy, about 1/3 pound heavier than most top of the line commercial portafilters. This improves heat stability...and it looks cool as hell.

Also, a Strada 58mm filter basket. The new, hot topic is reducing variability between shots (holding all other variables constant) by using an improved filter basket with optical scanning quality control. The basket holes are scanned and the QC is to one micron tolerance.

Think maybe this has gone just a tiny bit too far!!??:eek:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-12-27 at 10.40.09 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-12-27 at 10.40.09 AM.png
    107.5 KB · Views: 77

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
A new portafilter...very heavy, about 1/3 pound heavier than most top of the line commercial portafilters. This improves heat stability...and it looks cool as hell.

Also, a Strada 58mm filter basket. The new, hot topic is reducing variability between shots (holding all other variables constant) by using an improved filter basket with optical scanning quality control. The basket holes are scanned and the QC is to one micron tolerance.

Think maybe this has gone just a tiny bit too far!!??:eek:

But doesn't it require much more pre-heating? It's harder to warm it up compared to a regular portafilter then. Sort of defeats the purpose I think. I could be wrong though.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
But doesn't it require much more pre-heating? It's harder to warm it up compared to a regular portafilter then. Sort of defeats the purpose I think. I could be wrong though.

My machine has about a 20 minute warm up time, but I always give it 30 minutes to be sure that it stabilizes the heat in all parts...including the portafilter. I haven't received the new portafilter yet...will get it today. But I'm assuming that the 30 minute warm up should be good. Also, there are times I just leave the machine turned on, especially if I'm planning to pull a double shot within an hour to two, so no problem there.

I'm not sure if the extra weight of the portafilter adds much more time to warm up...but it should retain it's heat with greater stability.

There is one more possibility...the whole thing is obsessive b**sh**!!! But fun...:D

MrKambo

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2012
my iPad stand and mouse showed up today, i already posted generic pictures, but hey ho :D

Attachments

• IMG_0172.jpg
    IMG_0172.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 73
  • IMG_0173.JPG
    IMG_0173.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 80

darky90

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2012
41IIECiuTTL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Ravpower xrobot 6000 mah power bank. Got this yesterday in the mail. Charges my phone on the go. Was thinking to use this for trips only but turns out i use it just about everyday. Love that I don't got to bring an extra cord like my other power bank. Doesn't have a lightning cord though, only 30pin. Wish they made this with a higher capacity and might get something over 10000mah from them. Took a risk on this and I'm very pleased.

Last edited:

rkmac

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2009
JAFA, New Zealand
What? Do you have a source on that?

When I called Dell this morning I was told it EOL (end of life). The guy said the new U2913WM (which has a silly 21:9 aspect ratio) is pretty much its replacement.

I would rather have a NEC Spectraview 301 if money was no object. Better conformity across the panel and colour accuracy.

The NEC is a lot more expensive (and I cant even find anyone selling them in NZ).

about to be discontinued but still with a deal goin on its 1000$ lol..

still got a good discount and I've been eying it for a while. Hopefully other manufacturers start making quality 30" IPS monitors, its one of very few out there.

apfeljonas

macrumors regular
Nov 28, 2012
Germany
After long arguements with myself over S3 vs iPhone 5:

iPhone 5 32 GB in Black

iphone_5_box.jpg

With a contract from BASE (a German cell phone network)

709px-Base-logo.svg.png

None are my pictures...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.