Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
All my favorite curmudgeons always get punished. :(

Did you ever start the His Dark Materials series? I read it once a year or so and I love it more each time.

No, not yet. I have a beautiful three volume (hardback) set on my bedroom book shelves; the anticipation, the anticipation.........I promise that I shall get down to it, but I shall require several days of uninterrupted bliss in order to devote the necessary attention to this masterpiece. For a variety of reasons (which I shall post about in due course) that period of blissful isolation has yet to happen. But I take your recommendation very seriously......don't worry.

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir
12 players? Excellent. A role has been added. Read the OP for details.

Roles are being sent out as we speak. Yes I'm late, so sue me :p :D

EDIT:

Roles sent out. If you didn't get a PM, you're a villager.

Story post coming shortly. The game will begin in the DAYTIME, so prepare to commence the voting frenzy.

Last edited:

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir
newspaper.jpg

Let the voting commence! 7 is the majority!

What? Deadline? You know how I hate those. But one will be imposed in 36 hours if there's no clear census after 24 hours.

***NOTE for would-be writers: please PM me if you want to write a narrative. You can choose to write a daytime or a nighttime narrative. You can claim the narrative for your death if you like. First come, first served (with the exception of death narratives, which take precedence)***

Last edited:

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
I want to be the first vote after a long hiatus.

Moyank24 for old times' sake! :D

Let us not be too eager to point the finger of accusation without supporting evidence (or, at least a healthy suspicion) which may serve to support said accusation.

On the other hand, your early vote may simply be an attempt to flush out a response, in itself a legitimate ploy, as, at this stage we know little save that some sort of furred and fanged evil may well lurk among us, ready to do us some ill when means and opportunity permit.

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
I hate voting the first day since there's nothing to go on besides random guesses. That said I'll wait a bit to vote in order to see what reaction there is to Moyank being accused immediately.

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir
Just wanted to let you all know that you should read the OP -- there's some 'twists' to the usual rules you'll probably want to know about :)

appleguy123

macrumors 604
Apr 1, 2009
15 minutes in the future
I hate voting the first day since there's nothing to go on besides random guesses. That said I'll wait a bit to vote in order to see what reaction there is to Moyank being accused immediately.

mrkramer. I think he's a bit rusty.

-appeal to lowest common denominator with complaint about day 1
-saying that no one could have anything good to say on day 1. Stops him from having to go after his wolf friend if we go that way.
-forced impartiality toward the game in the last sentence and expecting a reaction to one vote.

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
QoS because I can :D.

Best one-liner so far :D

Voting for Intell, his green nose bugs me (no it doesn't). And other damnable 'reasons'.

Besides, more than ever you'll have to forgive my awkward, silly posts . stop.since i have to play via phone. stop. don't even know how to bold sth..(help!). stop. will find a way. stop. Mommy just got old winbox and no wifi. Stop. The horror in da Woods!

Last edited:

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
At this stage, it is difficult to see any patterns, or indeed, anything that might resemble evidence of guilt - apart from clever attempts to build bandwagons.

This far, the voting is as follows:

mrkramer: (1) appleguy (who had earlier voted for Moyank24)

Queen of Spades: (1) Plutonius

Plutonius: (1) Queen of Spades (returning the compliment)

Intell: (2) Tomorrow, twietee

appleguy123: (2) Rodimus Prime, mrkramer

twietee: (2) Intell (returning the compliment), Scepticalscribe

jav6454: (1) Moyank24

Yet to vote, myself, Koodauw and jav6454.

Given known WW histories, it is perhaps, inevitable that Moyank becomes an early target, so without stronger evidence than a desire to neutralise someone who might possibly be a strong defender of woodland values, I'll not vote for her today.

Likewise appleguy. His past form shows that he is sometimes superb, with a bizarrely talented period as a WW detector; however, as a WW, a formidable opponent. At present, appleguy and Intell are tied on two votes each, out of what is a rather restricted electorate. Intell has not been around for ages, so for that alone, I'll give him a pass for now.

I'll go with my old friend twietee for now, and see what happens, subject to future further amendment as events and evidence unfold before us.

So, now, Koodauw and jav6454 have yet to cast a vote.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
good to see a new game running.
happy holidays and have a great 2013 everyone.

DP

Thank you and many happy returns to your good self.

Doubtless, the woodland community will miss your insights - I'm sorry you are not with us in this outing of MR.

This may be the shortest post you have ever written in a WW thread. ;)

Don't be a stranger, DP, and have yourself a happy new year as well! :D

;) Agreed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.