Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TBomb007

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 26, 2012
I just picked up the 13" base model Air at Futureshop for $999. I've been using a 98 iMac core 2 duo and have been reading the forums here trying to decide what to get.

After playing around on this Air all I can say is wow! It's snappy, quiet, and running cool. I was a little worried about the 4GB ram when I purchased it, but after realizing the performance of this SSD it more than makes up for it. Especially at this price point.
The screen is great, the form factor is simply amazing, I couldn't be happier. The performance blows my old imac out of the water.

I just wanted to let people know because I remember reading all the should I wait for "Air 2013" posts and "Air performance" posts. I'm absolutely thrilled with mine and currently residing on cloud 9. Go for it, what a great little unit.

There were 4 or 5 units left at FS when I got mine so check it out...Best Buy has the same deal going.

cheers!

J&JPolangin

macrumors 68030
Jul 5, 2008
Close to a boarder, in Eu
While I like the 2012 models, I'm still waiting for Broadwell to hit in 2013/2014 so the 11.6" MBA I hope to see released will have 7+ hours battery life...the current 11.6" won't meet my work flow for as long as I need it to be unplugged so I got a hold-over "deal" on a 2011 MBP and added my own 8Gb RAM and 512 SSD (that were also purchased on lighting deals from Amazon.com):D

AmtrakRider

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2011
I just upgraded from a Mid 2010 11in MBA to the new 2012 13in base model and I totally agree this machine is so much faster then the 2010 model its really amazing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.