Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

navajarunner

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 3, 2009
Mine is downloading over the air right now. Never too late for a Christmas present. o<II:n{o}

Cancelled
Jun 21, 2010
It's been available for a while now. I was using it on Omega for my international S3. You can even flash a file to get all apps working with it.

Nothing yet for the AT&T variant. At least, I don't think so...

Lemme go check again :D

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
Nothing yet for the AT&T variant. At least, I don't think so...

Lemme go check again :D

If you find a rom let us know.

This looks like it has it. I haven't tried it since I no longer own an S3 (I had an international one anyway)

Edit: you might wanna go through a few pages of the thread towards the end of it just to see what the state of that ROM is or make a nandroid and jump in. Actually make a nandroid either way :p

Edit 2: deleted link cause it was for S3 not Note 2.

Last edited:

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
I just flashed the international rom, the 7105. Pretty much stock firmware no att junk and has multi already.

For me, I prefer my TouchWiz ROMs as close to stock as possible in terms of looks i.e. toggles, statusbar etc but with AOSP ROMs I don't mind.

Was the international ROM a port for the ATT version?

cheezeit

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2010
Dallas, TX
For me, I prefer my TouchWiz ROMs as close to stock as possible in terms of looks i.e. toggles, statusbar etc but with AOSP ROMs I don't mind.

Was the international ROM a port for the ATT version?

Not even ported, they pretty much run the same hardware minus the radio. Once flashed its like your completely stock with no att boot up(stock Samsung) and no att apps. Plus whenever Samsung updates the note with something you'd get it instead of waiting for att. My only downside is no visual voicemail but I'm sure ill live ;)

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
Not even ported, they pretty much run the same hardware minus the radio. Once flashed its like your completely stock with no att boot up(stock Samsung) and no att apps. Plus whenever Samsung updates the note with something you'd get it instead of waiting for att. My only downside is no visual voicemail but I'm sure ill live ;)

I'm pretty sure they use a different processor and the US versions have twice the RAM. Whether either have any effect I don't really know. If its running fine on your phone I guess you're OK but you should probably check to make sure that its OK to flash on your phone.

Edit: just realised this is for the Note 2 not the S3! oops

Last edited:

Cancelled
Jun 21, 2010

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
This looks like it has it. I haven't tried it since I no longer own an S3 (I had an international one anyway)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1869300&multiview

Edit: you might wanna go through a few pages of the thread towards the end of it just to see what the state of that ROM is or make a nandroid and jump in. Actually make a nandroid either way :p

I had a problem with this rom. Uninstalled about a month a ago. Problem was not receiving calls. It would only receive calls with LTE off. This just happened out of nowhere. First several weeks it ran flawless. It does have the pop up browser but does not have multiview and is probably not going to be updated in awhile according to dev's posts.

cheezeit

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2010
Dallas, TX
Good luck and post back with how it goes so the others know if it's worth flashing.

Edit: it turns out I thought this thread was about the S3 not the Note 2. Don't use that.

Lol. Yeah definitely would have been screwed if it were a s3 ;)

hyteckit

Jul 29, 2007
With multi-view and a stylus, I really want a 7" to 7.9" Galaxy Note. The 5.5" Note isn't doing it for me.

I just turned on my Note 2 after not being off for more than a week. I see Merry Christmas live background on my GO Launcher. Hmm..

Anyway. No update yet.

Says "Current software is up to date"

daveathall

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2010
North Yorkshire
With multi-view and a stylus, I really want a 7" to 7.9" Galaxy Note. The 5.5" Note isn't doing it for me.

I just turned on my Note 2 after not being off for more than a week. I see Merry Christmas live background on my GO Launcher. Hmm..

Anyway. No update yet.

Says "Current software is up to date"

That was so annoying, that Christmas overlay, had to go into the Go launcher settings to uncheck it.

Tones2

macrumors 65816
Jan 8, 2009
No update yet in Chicago. I checked yesterday and today. Unfortunately, AT&T only allows you to check ONE time a day (Grrr...) and then won't let you check again for another 24 hours. I've also heard that it's WiFi only but can't verify this.

siiip5

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2012
Got the update yesterday for AT&T version of Note2 here in California.

All I can see that is changed is Multi-view. Everything else looks identical. Not all apps can do multi-view either. If an app supports this feature, you swipe from the left and all apps are displayed on the left hand side of the screen, which you can scroll up and down.

You basically tap on the app icon on the elft and drag it to either the top or bottom of the screen. Works very fluidly and is a pretty good sized window. You can very easily watch a youtube vid on top and web surf on the bottom. or do a google search for info on top, while typing a response to this forum.

I am digging it. To bad it is my wife's phone. I have my tiny little screen S3. :D

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
I had a problem with this rom. Uninstalled about a month a ago. Problem was not receiving calls. It would only receive calls with LTE off. This just happened out of nowhere. First several weeks it ran flawless. It does have the pop up browser but does not have multiview and is probably not going to be updated in awhile according to dev's posts.

Seems like the international S3 has more dev support. Omega was an amazingly stable and smooth ROM and indie the developer responds to posts and requests.

Lol. Yeah definitely would have been screwed if it were a s3 ;)

Sorry for the confusion guys! Hopefully anyone who went to the link I posted noticed it was for the S3 :p

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
Seems like the international S3 has more dev support. Omega was an amazingly stable and smooth ROM and indie the developer responds to posts and requests.

In this case the dev was pretty cool and explained he had other matters at hand. He did state he wil eventualy become more active again.

siiip5

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2012

Sorry for the confusion guys! Hopefully anyone who went to the link I posted noticed it was for the S3 :p

I was gonna say that development fir the N American S3 is huge. XDA forums has tons of ROMs for our phone. Task and Ktoonzes AOKP ROM, CM10 and JellyBam are the 3 best and most stable imo. (4.1.x versions, not the new 4.2.x versions.)

cheezeit

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2010
Dallas, TX
Got the update yesterday for AT&T version of Note2 here in California.

All I can see that is changed is Multi-view. Everything else looks identical. Not all apps can do multi-view either. If an app supports this feature, you swipe from the left and all apps are displayed on the left hand side of the screen, which you can scroll up and down.

You basically tap on the app icon on the elft and drag it to either the top or bottom of the screen. Works very fluidly and is a pretty good sized window. You can very easily watch a youtube vid on top and web surf on the bottom. or do a google search for info on top, while typing a response to this forum.

I am digging it. To bad it is my wife's phone. I have my tiny little screen S3. :D

There are some tweaks, if your rooted of course, that allows you to be able to make all apps work in multview ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.