Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sk1wbw

Suspended
Original poster
May 28, 2011
Williamsburg, Virginia
Wow...

Attachments

• tornado warning.png
    tornado warning.png
    110.7 KB · Views: 204

sk1wbw

Suspended
Original poster
May 28, 2011
Williamsburg, Virginia
It's NOT looking good outside. Power flickered off again and I keep losing Dish network.

----------

Radar shows a CLEAR tornado loop coming at me now. ****.

pagansoul

macrumors 65816
Aug 10, 2006
Earth
Which app is giving you the alerts? Is that the standard Apple Weather app or one off the store. I love weather apps and have six on my phone. Most are free but the best looking one was $1 (HD 4cast).

Last edited:

Cancelled
May 16, 2010
Which app is giving you the alerts? Is that the standard Apple Weather app or one off the store. I love weather apps and have six on my phone. Most are free but the best looking one was $1 (HD 4cast).

it's an iOS 6 integrated feature that shows emergency alerts, but from what I know it only works in the US territory from US government, so if you live in the US you can find it under the notification settings.

Orange Crane

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2012
I wonder if this is carrier related because I'm at&t and get nothing.
It is. A couple of weeks ago in seattle we got two blizzard warnings in two days, on Verizon, one of which was at 5 am. Of course there were no blizzards. The emergency warning makes your phone make a terrible noise and, in my case, has been disabled.

haxrnick

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2011
Seattle
It is. A couple of weeks ago in seattle we got two blizzard warnings in two days, on Verizon, one of which was at 5 am. Of course there were no blizzards. The emergency warning makes your phone make a terrible noise and, in my case, has been disabled.

Yeah I remember reading about that. The blizzard was for the passes and Cascades but everyone's phones were blowing up over it and it was all Verizon.

sk1wbw

Suspended
Original poster
May 28, 2011
Williamsburg, Virginia
You guys be safe over there. You're in our prayers.

You should have seen the rain, man I got a free car wash! It's clear now but kinda sorta chilly and windy. And I've been to San Diego once, southern Cal. It was nice. July 5th. Day after a comic convention. Got off a sub deployment. No hotel reservations or flight reservations. Needless to say that was a long day.

Xavier

macrumors demi-god
Mar 23, 2006
Columbus
A little off track of weather but on track for alerts on iPhone. I got an Amber alert in my area on Christmas Eve. I am happy these alerts are going out on iOS and I hope whoever went missing is back with their family.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.