Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Brettka7

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
I was trying to organize my albums tonight after iTunes 11 (on OS X Mountain Lion) split some of them. Adele's 21 and 19 got split into 3 albums each (6 albums total). I had to rename the albums to 21h and 19h, and then back to 21 and 19 to get them back to normal. And I'm still only in the A's in my iTunes :mad: . Anyone else have this problem with iTunes 11?

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
Pre 11, it was easy..CMD+I and untick "Part Of A Compilation" Now It's not. I have so much obscure, self produced and self written stuff that it really doesn't bother me that much. My 700 or so commercial collection is all there with artwork.

peapody

macrumors 68040
Oct 7, 2007
San Francisco, CA
I had this problem, and recently did a revamp of my collection.

Unfortunately the only way to fix is to change around the tag info as you are doing. It sucks.

melissapete24

macrumors member
Feb 12, 2013
Pennsylvania
I'm having this problem as well. I have one album that is only 11 songs, and it is split up into 3 separate albums. I have completely erased all track information for all the songs, including album artwork, and then re-entered it all by hand, one at a time. And it STILL is splitting up into 3 albums. It was ripped from a CD, and not purchased on iTunes, and it wasn't a homemade CD, either. I don't have the CD right now, so I can't just re-rip, or I would. Any thoughts? The only thing I HAVEN'T tried is deleting them entirely and re-adding them, for the reason stated above: I no longer have the CD. It wasn't a compilation, it had only one artist, and it was just a pretty cut-and-dry, average CD as far as CD "make-up" goes. I'm just at a loss. Not to mention EXTREMELY irritated! :mad: :confused:

cheekypaul

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2005
I was trying to organize my albums tonight after iTunes 11 (on OS X Mountain Lion) split some of them. Adele's 21 and 19 got split into 3 albums each (6 albums total). I had to rename the albums to 21h and 19h, and then back to 21 and 19 to get them back to normal. And I'm still only in the A's in my iTunes :mad: . Anyone else have this problem with iTunes 11?

itunes doesn't split albums without being told to do so. to find out exactly why this is happening, run me through the procedure with the Adele album, where does it come from, how are you naming it etc

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.