Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bill phillips

macrumors regular
Dec 8, 2012
This makes me sad. Is this normal? 27" imac order was preparing for shipment for 4 days, now gone back to "processing".

i dont think anything can be considered normal judging by the way this whole shipping things going. id call apple to atleast see whats up...cant hurt..Not like you dont have a legit reason

Dutch1576

macrumors newbie
Dec 26, 2012
United States
The exact same thing just happened to me about an hour ago. My order was placed on 12/1 at 7am (EST), and switched to "Preparing for Shipment" on Sunday, Dec. 23rd, and just about an hour ago it switched back to "Processing Items".

I'm on the phone with Apple now and they stated that they do not see any anomalies with my order. They have me on hold and are checking with some other department to confirm what may have caused the change.

UPDATE:
Just hung up with customer support, they basically stated that they could not see any anomalies with the account and\or order status. They confirmed that charging verification was completed this past weekend, and there were no issues whatsoever which would have delayed the order process. I spoke with someone named "Tom". Tom stated that his management was going to touch base with the group responsible for the online order portal to ensure that they are not experiencing any issues related to an error that would cause the status to revert to an earlier state. The good news is that he confirmed that my order is still slated to ship between January 2nd through the 8th. That has not changed whatsoever. Tom also stated that the order "should" switch to a "Preparing for Shipment" status within the next day or so. I have a feeling that they jumped the gun with certain orders ahead of schedule causing an inadvertent change to the order status.

Tom also encouraged anyone experiencing any similar issues to call and confirm the order status. However, after an hour on the phone being placed on numerous spurts of "hold", there was not a direct answer provided as to what would have caused a reverting of the order status.

Last edited:

colday

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2010
I had the same thing happen!

Evening of the 24th it changed to "Preparing...", then late today it changed to "Processing..."

I'll sleep on it & see if I wake to good news!:rolleyes:

bill phillips

macrumors regular
Dec 8, 2012
I had the same thing happen!

Evening of the 24th it changed to "Preparing...", then late today it changed to "Processing..."

I'll sleep on it & see if I wake to good news!:rolleyes:
same thing just happened to me as well, just called apple and they said theyve been having computer glitches and this has been happening a lot to a lot of customers but nothing has shipped, just a false alarm...lol....wow.

MeFromHere

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2012
Mine changed to "Preparing for Shipment" on December 25, and today it's back to "Processing".

Credit card hasn't been charged.

Update Friday Dec. 28: the iMac shipped from China today. Due to arrive on January 3 or 4!

Last edited:

MacDouble

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2012
Mine was "preparing for shipment" since 4 days. Now it's processing again?!
Ordered November 30th.

lozpop

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2006
Same here. Preparing for shipment on December 25, and now it's Processing Items again :mad:

Remi B

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2012
Can maybe see a trend here....is everyone who this has happened to today from Europe?

R-Flow

macrumors member
Dec 27, 2012
Amsterdam, NL
I posted this in the UK & EU 27 inch Delivery Thread:

The EXACT same thing happened to me today. My iMac was "Preparing for Shipment" since Monday but has reverted back to "Processing Items". What the hell? :confused:
Just got off the phone with Apple and they don't have an explanation for the status reverting back. In fact she found it highly unusual and strange. She did promise me that the iMac is still on track to be delivered before January 7. To me that's a bit of an empty promise though if she and her supervisor don't a clue about what's going on. We'll just have to wait and see I guess...

Last edited:

pfiffi78

macrumors member
Dec 18, 2012
London, UK
Can maybe see a trend here....is everyone who this has happened to today from Europe?

Have a look in the spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlEmmsf8GxV9dE1EQnFzWGpidFduY1Qxb2ZYUFZTQ2c#gid=0

All reverted orders are from Europe

----------

I posted this in the UK & EU 27 inch Delivery Thread:

Can you add your details to the spreadsheet please: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlEmmsf8GxV9dE1EQnFzWGpidFduY1Qxb2ZYUFZTQ2c#gid=0

MathijsF

macrumors member
Dec 19, 2012
The Netherlands
Just got of the phone with Apple, for starters, the guy on the phone didn't had a clue what he was talking about.

He said that changing from preparing for shipment to processing happens quite a lot.

After a whole explanation from the dude that it was a new product etc etc i hung up the phone with him guaranteeing that it will be here before 8 januari (last day of the delivery window)

R-Flow

macrumors member
Dec 27, 2012
Amsterdam, NL
Just got of the phone with Apple, for starters, the guy on the phone didn't had a clue what he was talking about.

He said that changing from preparing for shipment to processing happens quite a lot.

After a whole explanation from the dude that it was a new product etc etc i hung up the phone with him guaranteeing that it will be here before 8 januari (last day of the delivery window)
That's in direct conflict with what I heard from the lady at Apple. She specifically said it's highly unusual for that to happen. She and her supervisor had no idea what the reason was, but did assure me my iMac would arrive on or before January 7.

MathijsF

macrumors member
Dec 19, 2012
The Netherlands
That's in direct conflict with what I heard from the lady at Apple. She specifically said it's highly unusual for that to happen. She and her supervisor had no idea what the reason was, but did assure me my iMac would arrive on or before January 7.

That says enough of the quality of the dutch employees from the Apple online store right ;)

To be honest i really think those people have no idea what they are talking about or are just real poorly informed by Apple..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.