Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

2012Tony2012

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 2, 2012
I want to have iCal enter all new events by default as ALL DAY, is that possible?

It's so annoying and tedious to always have to click on the event and change them to all day.

Any solution please?

ItWasNotMe

macrumors 6502
Dec 1, 2012
I want to have iCal enter all new events by default as ALL DAY, is that possible?

It's so annoying and tedious to always have to click on the event and change them to all day.

Any solution please?

Not quite what you are seeking, but in version 6.0 (released with Mountain Lion)
- In Day view there is a zone at the top of the day - labelled 'All Day' (has no time markings alongside). Any event created by clicking in here is an all day event, any event below this zone is not
- In Week view - same
- In Month view - all events are created as all day by default

2012Tony2012

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 2, 2012
I can't find any way of doing it in my version (3.0.7) but newer versions, maybe...

I am using 4.0.4 and it defaults to a time, not ALL DAY. So annoying having to change them all to ALL DAY event!:mad:

----------

Not quite what you are seeking, but in version 6.0 (released with Mountain Lion)
- In Day view there is a zone at the top of the day - labelled 'All Day' (has no time markings alongside). Any event created by clicking in here is an all day event, any event below this zone is not
- In Week view - same
- In Month view - all events are created as all day by default

I am using Snow Leopard. :(

Is there another app that works with iCal that can add events as ALL DAY EVENTS?

mic j

macrumors 68030
Mar 15, 2012
I have iCal 5.0.3 running on Lion. My new events default to "all day".

I see above that the reason mine defaults to ALL DAY is that I use the month view.

Last edited:

2012Tony2012

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 2, 2012
I have iCal 5.0.3 running on Lion. My new events default to "all day".

I see above that the reason mine defaults to ALL DAY is that I use the month view.

Even when I do month view, the all day is not selected and I have to manually select it which becomes a tedious task :(

mic j

macrumors 68030
Mar 15, 2012
Even when I do month view, the all day is not selected and I have to manually select it which becomes a tedious task :(

No idea where your problem lies. I just changed to Week View and my events are seen by event time. Change back to Month View and they start as ALL DAY events. Sorry.:eek:

Big Stevie

macrumors 65816
Jun 20, 2012
UK
I dont know if version 4.0.4 is the same, but as ItWasNotMe states, with Mountain Lion and in day view, you get the 'All Day Events' wording at the top...

ScreenShot2012-12-28at222854.png

Double clicking on it creates a New Event for you to edit...

ScreenShot2012-12-28at222940.png

2012Tony2012

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 2, 2012
No idea where your problem lies. I just changed to Week View and my events are seen by event time. Change back to Month View and they start as ALL DAY events. Sorry.:eek:

I am talking about when you ADD a NEW Event, it defaults to a time and not ALL day.:mad:

Gregg2

macrumors 604
May 22, 2008
Milwaukee, WI

Any solution please?

When I do month view, iCal still defaults to time and not all day when adding a new event.

Any other solution?

Only one - a New Year's resolution to not get so annoyed at having to click a check box for every event. I just can't a way to change the default either. I also set all my Events to All Day. Since I always have to fine tune one or more of the other settings, I don't find it to be an onerous task to check that box each time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.